Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone who has played a Copley CBE 59NT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Oct 6, 2003.

1. I want to hear from people who have actually played a Copley CBE 59NT. I want to move up to a 5 string, and this one looks like the bass of my dreams! I love the look of the bass, I love the woods, I love the idea of 2 music man style pickups, and I love the price.

How well the body is finished, and how well does it seems to be made? Is the bridge solid and well made? Is the finish is nice and even? Are the frets nicely finished? Is the freboard is nicely done? Are the tuners solid and do they work well? How do the pickups sound? How well do the pots work?

If I buy this bass I will be making changes to the electronics - coil taps, phase/parallel switch, new pan pot. I just want to make sure that this will be a good bass to buy. I have a Carvin LB70P, whic is a very nice 4 string. I want to move up to 5 string, and want to make sure that this will be a good move.