Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone who has seen the fretted that changes to fretless. Read this.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
  2. [​IMG]

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

[​IMG]

4. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    If it ain't stickie'd in big bold letters, this thread is just destined to be #6 (but IMO it's closer to 12).

Maybe a Mod can merge them all, but then it would just be a thread with 500 posts, 489 of which amount to "do a search".

5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I have to admit, the devil in me thought for a moment about starting yet another thread on this tiresome topic just to raise people's hackles. :bag:

6. Thanks, Mark. Worth a shot. Too bad that if this doesn't get "bumped" every hour or so, it'll just fall farther into the list and soon we'll be seeing the inevitable "WOW! CHECK THIS OUT!!!" thread that will draw us in like a moth to a flame, only to be "zapped" with the reality:eek: !
    Maybe someone should find a way to track a subject that keeps cropping up and after it generates a certain amount of threads, pick the most informative one, (or a link to them all), and make a stickie at that point. A lot of work, though...

I think I said it last time this came up; with new people joining every day, there's always going to be someone that hasn't seen it before, so ya' might as well get used to just skipping over those threads and moving on. Less irritation for you that way.

Good luck, and god bless you for trying;) !

7. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    thank you for this :) .

8. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Shouldnt the title be "to anyone who hasnt seen..."?

9. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    This is getting almost as popular as P vs J threads. I think it's about time someone did a one-handed bass player thread (with video link).

10. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    i want one!

11. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    National Reso-Phonic Guitars
    uuhh..............talkbass.

12. HEY! I got it. we gotta get one of the rich dudes to buy that retractablke fret bass, and ship it to the one handed guy so he can make a video for us. that'd roxxor.

13. Has a REALLY nice sound to it...and for $5000, it damn well better be. Only players like Wooten would be able to afford it. I can buy LOTS of stuff for $5000...hell, I could even get a new MTD just the way I want it, and still have $$ for a decent fretless or a decent rig!

14. BNM

BNM

Feb 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
    That's really cool.. but for now I think I'll be alright with my fretted and fretless separate.

15. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever seen here at TB.

16. morebass!

morebass! I'm listening

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    I don't have $5K for a bass but it's a pretty cool idea. That guy has some chops too!

17. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
  18. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    ...and have his playing synced to an outdoor Christmas lights display...

19. I'm half tempted to try and get this sticked just so we can stop seeing these threads...:ninja: