anyone wired in bartolini pickups before? (help)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mrWr0ng, Dec 1, 2001.

1. i just got the 2 64M45C's for my bass and the 5.2 HR preamp. i'm ready to install this stuff, but all the instructions are talking about a "switch" that i'm wiring to, instead of a blend pot. the blend pot is dual-layered and on the preamp installation guide it only shows ONE wire coming from the neck p/u and ONE wire coming from the bridge p/u, both of which go to the middle tab on their respective layer of the blend pot.
    also, the mid control pot is a push/pull pot with a 6 tab "switch"(?) underneath it.
    however, both my pick-ups are humbuckers, hence 4 conductors, with red, white, black and green.
    so since i've got no switch, i won't be wiring to a switch-style wiring, but i'm not sure what to do with the extra wires or how they should go.
    i'm just looking to use the standard configuration, full-on humbucker in rythym, full-on humbucker in bridge, with the blend pot just blending between them to get the most sound.
    OR will i be wiring the black or red wire to the blend control pot, and the other wires (red white green) to the switch on the mid pot?
    anything you guys can recommend?
    here's a picture of the preamp. there are 6 tabs on the switch sitting on the middle pot, but it's facing away from the camera so you can't see any.
  2. [​IMG]

i can wire everything myself, i'm very efficient with a soldering iron and i've done ALL the pickups and switch configurations in my old guitar, i'm just not sure which wires to place where . . . if someone's got a better idea than i do, then i can go ahead and wire it. elsewise it'll never get done because i don't have time/money to take it to anyone else.
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    For plain old non-switched humbuckers, I'd wire it like they show for series wiring: solder the red to the white and the green to ground on each pickup. Then the black lead is the "output" from each pickup, coming in from the right on the last page of the diagrams you posted.

I don't understand the switch on the mid pot, the switchable mid Bart preamps I've seen have a separate three-way switch like in the diagram. You could ask a more specific question about that one again and someone who knows might answer.

Hope that helps.