Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone with an ERB Benavente, i need your help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Well, i've been talking to Brian about getting a bass made. I won't let the rabbit out of the hat yet, but it's gonna be a long time comin. Well, i'm just wonderin' what the necks are like on most Benaventes.

Also, if anyone has one in, or near, Niagara Falls, Canada, let me know, so I can maybe try it out! haha

Thanks,

Mark Wilson

2. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    I have had two Bene's and I like the SC-5 neck the best. It is flat but not too flat. The Vortex neck was cool too but the SC-5 neck just feels better in my hands. I have an F-Bass which has a little thicker/rounder neck so I'm comparing the Benavente's to that. The SC-5 is perfect and kind of reminds me of the Pedulla Thunderbolt's I've played. So, if that helps..

3. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    You might want to reach out for James Hart ...... in addition to having a magnificent 6, he does the web work for Benavente & is well informed ...... :cool:

4. My advice would be to try to find a used one to pick up to try out if you can't find one to try. For the kind of dough you'll drop on a custom ERB you'll lose thousands on resale if you decide that you don't like something like the neck profile.

That said you could probably specify a certain neck profile with Chris and Brian.

5. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I checked out a Bene 7 string strung F#-B-E-A-D-G-C. I found the neck to be really comfortable. Fairly flat and thin. Keep in mind that I like flat and thin but I couldn't imagine anyone not liking this one. I didn't play it long because I was too intimidated, but it was top notch IMO. I envy you for being able to afford it!

6. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    haha i can't afford it as of yet. I'm saving up every single penny though. I've got a friend just over the boarder, and they're going to hsip it to her house, and i'll pick it up there. Save me money on border taxes.

Also, I LOVE Thin, and flat necks. Nothing else feels right to me.

7. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    You'll love that baby then.

8. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    + 1000 ;)

[​IMG]

flat enough for ya? :p
    [​IMG]

9. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
  10. Even if the neck on your bass is only just a bit like the neck on my SC5-B you'll be delighted. Very stable, very comfortable to play! :)