Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone with free time help me please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by societysfinest, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Hey fellow bassplayers, i need help on something. I play in a band that i wouldnt like to categorize, but we play i guess similiar to Armor for sleep, further seems forever, and Senses Fail but with more hard parts then some of these bands. If you wouldnt mind givin these bands a listen and telling me if a jazz or pbass would fit better(i play with and ampeg b2r through a fender115 and garbage picked 210 swapped with scorpion fender speaker.) If you listen to these bands ..sometimes i throw more fills into my lines then these guys. Also if you dont think my fender choice is right, what sound do u think would be good? thanks all for your time

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

I would suggest a bass with P and J. A "P" Deluxe would be perfect. A Stingray would work to.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Stingray

or

Ibanez BTB1005E prestige

(5 string ibanez's = hardcore :bassist:)

4. thanks alot for your time you guys

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    im in a similar band...and my MIA jazz works great. do you have anything about your band i can listen to?

we plan on playing out of florida in a couple of months maybe we can get together for a show..

steve

6. hey we are recording this month a demo. Maybe if u go on tour we can plan a show.im from the northwest suburbs of chicago. Look at our site and if u know contact us www.thetelltalehearts.cjb.net

7. do you have anything by your band?

8. odie

odie Supporting Member

If you want something alittle more modern. TB's Adrian Garcia has a Ibanez BTB for sale at a good price. He's a cool cat to deal with.

http://accessbass.com/BTB.html

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Instruments should not be related to genres.

Get the bass that feels right, broham.