Anyone's Band Want an NFL QB???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rickbass, Aug 4, 2004.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

2. I've heard reports that Henson is showing true promise in camp. I'd look for Drew Henson this season, fantasy guys.
  3. rickbass

Yep, it's not like Carter is any kind of prodigy. But at least his experience has taught him how not to get his head taken off by linebackers and defensive ends. :rolleyes:
  4. Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Don't know if I can ever truly be a Cowboys fan again with Jerry Jones running the organization. However, I wouldn't add Carter to my band. He may have experience but it didn't look like he learned much from it. He's definitely one of those "don't lose this for us" qb's instead of a "win it for us" kinda guy.
  5. rickbass

Excellent observation, IMO. He reminds me of Michael's only a matter of time that your inability to throw gets you head taken off.
  6. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I think Quincy had some definite potential, and was impressive with some of his "breakdown" plays at many different points. His lack of accuracy was troublesome, and I do prefer pocket passers myself. However, in all fairness, after Brett Favre's first 2 or 3 years, I would have thought he was a washout too! Now, I'm not saying he's going to be Favre though.

Drew Henson should not play this year. "He looks okay in practice." Whatever. Practice is practice. It's different on the field. I'm glad Hutchinson is gone, but what scares me about Vinny is if he gets injured. If Vinny is injured then we're looking at Henson or Romo?!

Today's NFL has proven that a top notch QB isn't essential, (Baltimore's SB, Carolina, etc.), but that it sure has hell doesn't hurt, (Tom Brady, Peyton Manning).

If Vinny stays healthy, I believe we'll be okay. If Vinny is hurt ... oh dear.

Bummer about Quincy. I liked him. He was showing a lot of effort last year, reviewing tape, studying like mad, working out. He was really determined to make it. Apparently not determined enough to leave drugs alone though.
  7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...maybe the Giants won't finish LAST in the East, after all!
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow, I heard the early reports earlier today that they were dropping Carter but I didn't hear about the drug thing. Good for Parcells. These pro athletes are such pampered weinies's good to see one get fired for big violations of company policy every now and then...just like the "real world". I think Testaverde will have no problem holding down the fort until Henson is long as he doesn't get hurt. Parcells will make something out of the team no matter who they have.

brad cook
  9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sheah right...keep dreaming.

brad cook
  10. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    My girlfriend calls him Vinny GreenBalls.
  11. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

It took me a second--I first thought it was a reference to his wearing green as a jet. Oh my. That made my day--err, night, at 5:11 a.m.
  12. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    he-he cowboys he-he
  13. rickbass

Well, the head of the union, Gene Upshaw, is having a hissy fit over it. I think it boils down to whether Carter turned up dirty on a club testing or on an NFL testing. Upshaw says you can't use club testing to send someone packing. I don't know which type of testing was used as the basis......or perhaps it was both.
    Technically, Carter was one dirty test away from suspension and the Tuna didn't want someone like that on the team.
    As you say......Good for Parcells and his standards. Respect your sport just as we should respect the music by not playing loaded.

It doesn't give me a great deal of confidence that Henson has been playing baseball for the past few years.
    Who knows ??? Maybe the back-up Tony Romo will surprise us.