1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyonr play through a guitar amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DeeDee Vicious, Mar 14, 2010.

1. As opposed to a bass amp. I saw here () That in the 60s some bassists ran there basses through marshall stacks. Does anyone here use a similar setup?

2. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    I don't use it much anymore, but I used to play my bass through a Marshall SLP 100. It moved some serious air. I am always surprised when people discount them here on TB. I can't imagine ever needing to be any louder than that thing with a 4 x 12 cabinet got me.

3. i sometimes had to! got around it somehow heh :D

4. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I was just reading about the old Standel Super Imperial XV Combo. I remember this amp being used by friends of mine. It had 2 JBL's (15") and it was an all purpose amp good for bass,keyboards etc. Back then (early 1970's) amps weren't just used as guitar or bass amps. I just played my electric guitar through my 810E and SvT4Pro amp. No way I'll ever blow the speakers. In addition , I just followed the link and watched the 6 string Fender Bass..great stuff..... :cool:

5. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    All the time!

ampeg_v4.jpg

-robert

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020