Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyonw know the main difference between Peavey Fury IV and Millennium AC BXP?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jetmech727, Jan 29, 2005.

1. jetmech727

jetmech727

Jan 29, 2005
    Hello to all. This is my first time on here, and Im pretty new to the Bass so bare with the sometimes stupid questions im sure to have. Anyway, my first query is: Other than price and colour, where is the difference between the Fury IV and Millennium 4 AC BXP? They look identical.

2. first of all welcome to talk bass,

I own a fury IV qt and i say it is a wonderful bass, the difference between the two is that the fury has 3 band active pickups while the millenium has single coil J style pickups , the fury also has a through body strung bridge and i also think the hardware on the millenium is plastic where as on the fury its annodised metal which Imo looks sweeeet.

3. jetmech727

jetmech727

Jan 29, 2005
    Thanks for responding. I'm under the impression that the 2004 Millennium AC BXP is using the Cirrus VFL pickups. (Are there different VFL pickups?) And a string through body bridge. As far as I know from the peavey website, the Bass is using Hipshot hardware. The reason I've inquired as to there difference is because I've ordered a Millennium 4 AC BXP 2004 model. It's not yet arrived and If I want to I can go for the Fury IV. Its not bag loads of money more. So I just want to know if My decision to go with the Millennium is a sound one. I thought the older Millennium had a J style pickup but i'm not 100%.

4. i dunno about the different pickups as they have the same name but the cirrus and the fury sound completely different , i havent really heard of Vfl pickups being used in any other basses or being sold separately so i dunno about that one.

5. I want to know this answer also. It is peavey's crazy marketing to me. Different named basses that look the same with the same features