Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anything New from Bergantino at NAMM

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WinterBass, Jan 25, 2004.

1. WinterBass

WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    Was Bergantino at NAMM? If so, was there anything new. I have heard folklaw that there may be a preamp one day.

2. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Apparently there is a small preamp Jim refers to as a "line driver/DI", which is designed to go between your bass and power amp. From what I understand, it has only a volume control, and inputs/outputs, the idea being to let your bass's natural sound come through his cabinets with minimal superfluous coloration.

Jonathan Starr spoke briefly about it in this thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113402&highlight=hot+NAMM

Not sure when it's slated to hit the stores, but I will definitely pick one up when it does. At the least it will make a great backup, but it might even replace my Demeter...

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    My last bass teacher is a Berg clinician and he told me their volume-only preamp got a lot of funny looks at NAMM.

Old school sound must be back in vogue, the 610 and 215 cabs are selling like crazy.

Also no plans for N/D speakers yet.

4. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Those cabs are wicked. I tried them in Rudy's (NYC) with a Fafner, and they were mind-blowing: warm, yet punchy and articulate. And yes, they handle the low B amazingly well.

5. Jim's buffer box/DI with a lightweight Class H Power amp into the NV 215 was a great sounding rig. It's difficult to hear anything at NAMM, but this setup stood out.

The NV cabs have nice tiltback wheels and excellent handles, but they are big cabs.

Aloha,

Jonathan

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I played thru all of the Berg cabs that were at the Benevente booth and was very impressed with each one,the preamp box did not at all add any unwanted color.I was blown away by the 2x15 cab for it to be 2 15's it was very clear.

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The Berg line drive has been used with great success as a DI in the studio as well. A few people that have had it in studios already prefered it to their usual first call DI.

8. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    You guys aint seen NUTTIN' yet!!!!!!!!!:eek:
    But.....I'm sworn to secrecy, so you'll have to wait.
    GEEK

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That hurts man.....:bawl: