Anything new from Quilter for bass players at NAMM?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stu_Bass, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    ? They usually post releases a day early on FB but nothing so far

2. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    New 1x10" bass cabinet announced on their FB page! :)

No specs or pricing yet, but it looks adorable.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Stu_Bass likes this.
  3. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Fascinating! If I understand the Facebook video correctly, it is a 16 ohm cabinet, thereby limiting the BB800 to 250 watts for the safety of the speaker.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    wave rider likes this.
  4. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    I just returned an Elf because it didn't have enough headroom so I was excited by this for my BB800 as it would have tons of headroom. I don't need Quilter to hold my hand. I would prefer a combo but it looks like I'll go with a Barefaced One Ten. Disappointed.

5. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Sorry, I meant "16 ohm cabinet," not "16 ohm head." Brain fart!

Sounds like you and I have similar taste in amps. I just traded in an ELF for a BB800, and like you, I'm also considering the One 10! Which cab(s) are you currently using with your Quilter, if you don't mind my asking?

I agree the 16ohm thing potentially limits the versatility of the cabinet, especially if you wanted to use it with a non-Quilter amp head. But I am going to reserve judgment until I know more. All I've seen is the brief teaser on their Facebook page.

I also have a 50 watts quilter head, and it is surprisingly LOUD, so for my needs, I'm not too worried about 250 watts. Quilter watts are powerful watts!

6. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    I would prefer that the Quilter 10 was an 8 ohm cabinet. I don't see myself buying it but will give it a try (if I can find one on a sales floor). I play my BB800 out of either 1 or 2 Barefaced Big Baby 2's or a Fearless F110 or an EA Wizzy 12.

Mushroo likes this.
  7. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    That's a nice lineup of cabinets!

I look at it this way: their 2x10 cabinets are 8 ohms, so it's not possible for them to build an 8 ohm 1x10 using the same driver. They probably built the NAMM prototype using existing 16 ohm drivers they already had in stock. Eminence makes an 8 ohm Deltalite so an 8 ohm version of the 1x10 cab (or a 4 ohm version of the 2x10 cab) is technologically conceivable.

A small correction (and I edited my posts above): Pat Quilter says on the Facebook video that it's 250 watts @ 16 ohms, not 200 as I originally speculated.

Stu_Bass likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021