Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anything new on GK 810 and other new cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 7, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Is there any news on the new cabinets that Gallien Krueger are supposed to be making? I heard it would be around March when we here something about them.

I'm really anxious to hear about the 810 and Neo series.

~Patrick

2. We're just finalizing the design of the Neo's and should have new samples made in a couple of weeks. We weren't happy with the look of the grill so we redesigned it. We found a tolex that we like but are trying to figure out how to make it tear resistant.

The speaker on the 810 wasn't quite right so we've made some changes to the design and are waiting on new samples from the manufacturer. It's a long tedious process.

3. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    Keep us posted dan! :cool:

4. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    "We found a tolex that we like but are trying to figure out how to make it tear resistant"

Are there any "spray-on bed-liner" type coatings that can be texturized to mimic Tolex? I'm sure that would be something that many bassists would jump for joy about! :hyper:

Especially if it doesn't end up smelling of last night's gig like carpet covered cabs do... :spit:

and that goes double if it doesn't end up looking all "ragged-out" like typical tolex does. :crying: