1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anything Special About This Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dhagler, Sep 23, 2008.

1. I recently bought a 2006 MIM Jazz V from eBay. It has a 60th anniversary emblem on the headstock. I know that Fender issued a Special Edition American Jazz, but did they do anything different to the Mexican Jazzes that were released that year?

2. Yeah, they put that sticker on the headstock. ;)

3. I think you're right. I tried to research the specs to see if there was anything different about the pups, tuners, etc., couldn't find anything.:)

4. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    That about covers it.

5. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    There is nothing special about that bass. In the year that bass was made, Fender was celebrating their 60th anniversary and everything released had that sticker. It's not worth any more than the next or previous year's product.

6. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    But it has a sticker... a STICKER!!!!

7. I'm cool with that. Seems though that I did read that 2006 was some sort of re-design year for that bass. Either way I am happy with it.