1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anything up with Zon? I want UltraSonics...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Easy Rider, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but hey, it is about strings...

I've been trying to email Zon about their UltraSonic strings but so far got zero reply.
    I've been looking around for a 35" scale, light gauge, stainless, 6-string set for quite a while now and those Zon UltraSonics seem to fit the bill prefectly.
    But I can't seem to get a shipping quote, or tension info, or really anything out of them. :confused:

So far I haven't found any other stainless 35" set in those light gauges, so needless to say I'll be a returning customer if I like them.

Anyone else having trouble reaching Zon?
    Or perhaps know of an alternative I can try?

Thanks!

2. Had the same experience. One reply saying they will answer me soon and later no replies. Probably they are very busy but I think it's better not to have an e-mail address if you can not arrange to reply all. When you write something and don't get any reply, it feels like slaming the door on the face (at least for me).

I went to order from juststrings.com. But I was not after strings for 35". I'd suggest them. The flat shipping rate to Europe hurts a little bit and they don't offer Zon strings. But they have hell a lot sort of strings..

3. you really should consider some other brands. B/c I have tried Zon. the only couple of string guys that have been good to me over the years have been Ernie Ball, DR, and Dean Markely. In that order, so, good luck.... I have used many,,,

These 3 hold it down......

4. Yes it does feel like you're an unwanted customer when you keep getting nothing on your emails... I agree that if you can't hack it, then don't place the address. They are professionals, but this doesn't come across as very professional at all, a missed opportunity. :meh:

I guess I'll keep on searching for a light gauge stainless 35" 6-er set. I haven't checked Ernie Ball and Dean Markley yet, I'll have a look at those, thanks!

5. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
  6. I'll have a look at those, thanks!