Anyway to catch fish without hooks?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryann, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Bryann

Bryann

Apr 28, 2012
    Always wanted to take up fishing but I hate the thought of poking holes in them while they are still alive. Perhaps there are hookless lures or something? Cant use nets as I think my country(Singapore) does not allow the use of it.

2. shackled

shackled

Jun 25, 2009
    Western NY
    Just take the hooks off of any lure and cast away!
    You won't catch anything, but you'll still be fishing.
    :rollno:

3. Bryann

Bryann

Apr 28, 2012
    Haha and I probably would catch seaweed and litter.. I do not know much about fishing so I may sound as if im trolling.. I put myself in the shoes lol shoes of the fish and to bite on what I think is food and turns out to be a hook... well I feel horrible.

4. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
  5. Bryann

Bryann

Apr 28, 2012
    Im on the bus with no earphones so I will watch it when I get home. I see that he used a rod so I assumed he is using hooks? They did not show the equipment.

6. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    The bait (a piece of mackerel) was wrapped in wool that gets tangled in the teeth of the eel.

7. Bryann

Bryann

Apr 28, 2012
    Hmm that sounds like a nice method... Thanks!

8. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    dynamite

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    What are you gonna do with the fish?

10. Bryann

Bryann

Apr 28, 2012
    Catch and release. Its more of a leisure thing, I am not eating it. Hate seafood except stingray anyway.

11. NML1986

NML1986

Feb 25, 2012
    Lincoln UK
  12. Bryann

Bryann

Apr 28, 2012
    Hahahha omg is this guy insane or what!

13. NML1986

NML1986

Feb 25, 2012
    Lincoln UK
    Maybe, that thing could have speared him.

Seems like something Bear Grylls would do.

14. JdoubleH

JdoubleH Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Ellerslie, Georgia
  15. Bryann

Bryann

Apr 28, 2012
    Bear Grylls would kick it up a notch by having a glass of his pee and smear feces on the raw fish for dinner.

16. NML1986

NML1986

Feb 25, 2012
    Lincoln UK
    Erm, yum?

17. Bryann

Bryann

Apr 28, 2012
    Oh no I cant do noodling... Singapore has no small streams. Just deep sea and reservoirs.

18. Noodling

19. Get a fishing game for Wii.

20. Get an aquarium, 50 gallons should do nicely and get approx. 25 feeder goldfish... Y'know , the ones bred to know that their existence is to end up food. Make sure the aquarium is equipped with a mermaid and bubbling treasure chest, this is vital.

Each day plunge your hand into the crystalline depths ( considering you maintain your glass sanctuary) and pluck one of these doomed fish from the waters. Bring the chosen to eye level and say " not today". You get the thrill of the hunt and the fish gets the relief of being released from a death row of sorts.

At least that's how I do t

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021