Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anywhere to buy single high F string?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ole Jason, Oct 25, 2004.

1. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    It doesn't look like juststrings.com has single F strings from anyone. They have the juststrings brand in a .25, would that work? Anywhere else I could try? I've used D'addario 6 string sets for years so I figure I could still use those and buy the F separate.

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    The best place to go for custom string orders that I have found is Ken Smith- they sell all kinds of custom sets, as well as individual strings. Check out www.kensmithbasses.com to find a dealer. My bass teacher uses them and says nothin but good stuff- from what I hear tehy have very high customer satisfaction.

3. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    If you like d'Addario, try the NWB024. It's the high e for the fender 6 it's 48 inches instead of 39.5 for standard guitar strings. It worked great for me on a 35 inch scale bass. It has a guitar ball end, but this fixed with an old ball end from a bass string.

have fun
    PL

ps it's a bit hard to find no any internet retailer, search for the name nwb024 on juststring or bassguitarstring.

4. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks guys. I contacted KS about buying single strings. I can't seem to find any online retailers selling them.

5. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    juststrings.com, try that. you should find pretty much anything you're looking for.

PL