Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AP US History-I need essay help!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BrettAM, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Ok, here's the situation-I've been awake 48 hours (dont ask) and today I was assigned a 5 paragraph essay due tomorrow. I CANT THINK STRAIGHT. I cant even get past the thesis, all my thoughts are jumbled and I cant get them correlated and down on paper. The topic is "Explain the economic, social, and psychological factors which caused Europeans and Americans to enslave Africans." I could use any suggestions or model essays that you can offer. Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys.

2. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Classic form AP essay. Take the first paragraph and do an introduction, second paragraph for economic issues, third social, fourth pyschological, and conclude in the fifth.

3. or general writing rule suggestion: which ever is your strongest point (out of eco social and pysc) make it your final body paragraph. good to end on emphasis

4. It's amazing to me that they still make you do essay's. I would have thought the net (google) has ruined any chance of students actualy thinking on there own.

5. Remember, you don't have to be RIGHT, you just have to be consistent and back up anything you say with evidence.