1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aparantly Rush fans are the "Trekies" of Rock and Roll

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Holy War, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
  2. I don't read Rolling Stones. It's a waste of paper.

3. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Rolling Stone isn't about music. It's about fashion and left wing politics

4. I've found Rolling Stone to be an acceptable substitute for toilet paper. Otherwise, it has no positive value.

And if Rush fans are "the Trekkies of Rock & Roll", then LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!!!

:)

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I haven't read a rolling stone since 1998. I don't know what's important about that year, but that's the last time I remember reading one. And by 'read' I mean thumbing through it and looking at the pictures.

6. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Qu├ębec
    +1

7. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Rolling Stone hasn't been about music since Hendrix/Joplin died.

God Bless, Ray

8. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    you sir, are going to be sigged

9. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I noticed the other day that Rolling Stone went smaller-format with a spined edge. Dunno how long they been doing that but it still didn't make me wanna pick it up...between that rag and "spin" back in the day, plenty of good paper for my dog to pee on when I ran out of newspapers...

10. +1

11. i got a free subscription with a Rob Zombie shirt my parents got me and when i finally got it, i was really dissapointed. The only thing really worth reading was the Merle Haggard interview and I dont even like country at all. Everything else in there just pissed me off.

12. HooBass

HooBass

May 27, 2003
    NC
    In the immortal words of Bobcat Goldthwait, Rolling Stone can bl*w me.

HooBass

13. +100!:D

14. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Not me. I could care less about that rag. I haven't looked through one in years.

15. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    You know, I picked up a Rolling Stone magazine a bit ago. It had some really cool live pictures, but the rest of it was politics, lame articles, and general crap.

16. Rolling Stone actually publishes things about music?? I can't see how they would between all the ads for hipster products...

17. +1 - "Share the Warmth" :D :D :D

18. Tama

Tama

Nov 19, 2008
    Bugtussle
    Saw Rush in: 78, 79 & early 80.

They were so polished that every show was seemingly note for note perfect.

I read somewhere that they practice a new record something like 4 or 5 months straight before touring.
    It shows.
    Dave

19. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    The last time I read it was the Beatles issue about a month ago. Someone brought it in for me at work and I was bored and read it. Other than that...my sister reads that magazine...I don't.