apeg or avatar?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cobrasneverdie, Jun 5, 2003.

1. i was lookin at an ampeg 4x10 and SVT-350H Classic Head. or 2 2x10 avatar cabs (for portabilty compared to lugging around a huge ass 4x10) and the gallien kruiger 800rb head. what combonation will give a good sound for punk (rancid, bad relegion, casualties, circle jerks,dead kennedys,green day, gunmoll ect..)
  2. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    2- 2x10's. The 4 ohm load will give you better performance out of the amp and not to mention it will easier to haul around. It will also give you the option of using one cab for smaller gigs. :bassist:
  3. sorry but i was also looking at an ampeg 2x10 and a 1x15 i couldget either. either will sound better than my peavy 75watter :/
  4. reachjkh

Nov 21, 2002
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Aren't ampegs made from glue board instead of plywood? Seems that's what the salesman reluctantly told me one day when looking (curiosity only) at an 8x10 ampeg refrigerator.
  5. ill look into that
  6. godlikenothing

May 25, 2003
    almost every band listed has a different sound, which one sound are you leaning towards the most?
  7. there's a guy on harmony central bass forum that uses 2 avatar 2x10 bass cabs, which respectively replaced one of the finest ampeg 4x10's around. He's Zeromus-X, maybe you should ask him since he's got some experience with both brands and configurations you're looking at. In short he says that he's pretty satisfied over the price AND operation AND ability to move these cabs over the ampeg. I think you'd be happier with the avatar setup.
  8. thanks
  9. weird, i'm in the exact same position as you are, i play punk and i also have a 75 watt peavey (tko 115). i'm looking to upgrade to a 4x10 half stack soon. i want a svt-3 pro and a svt 410 hlf cab. but that's 110 pounds. eeech
  10. reachjkh

Nov 21, 2002
    Lee's Summit, MO
    kennyhoe, if you're interested, check out an Acme low B4 on www.acmebass.com. They don't weigh near that much I don't think.
    There's an older one on ebay that I was looking at for real cheap today.