Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aphex 204 vs 1402??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bennito, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Has anyone compared the Aphex 204 with the 1402? I know they do the same thing, but the 1402 says it's designed specifically for bass. I would prefer the 204 because it's racked, but if the 1402 sounds better on bass, I would get that one.

Anyone??

2. renquan

renquan

Sep 9, 2004
    u mean the bass xciter? I just bidded mine from ebay, going get it these few days.. :D

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I love my bass exciter it is really really fantastic but I think the rack might be better I think it gives you alot more control, the pedal is great for plug and play but the rack could be used as a stand alone pre I think (I've only used the pedal), I have an old 80's aphex exciter and its a lot smoother than the sound of my pedal, but the pedal sounds better my ears. But again this is a comparison with a very very old model its like 20 years old so I think they might have made one or two adjustments.

Hope this helps

4. Peccavi

Peccavi

Dec 24, 2003
    Jonas, pa
    i recently bought the 204 rack model and used it for the first time yesterday and have to say it is pretty cool. it is 2 channel which is cool for when i run in stereo i can mess with my highs and lows seperately. but my lows now rattle everything around it now. all around it depends on what you need but the 204 would be my pick if you use rack gear.