Aphex Bass Exciter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jul 31, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I tried this pedal today after searching endlessly for something to give my basses a real kick. OMG I didn't expect to be impressed, I know Nathan East loves em but I just doubted it.

It made my bass sound much much better a really noticable difference, I was really really impressed with the tone. I did however only try it with a cheap combo amp so i'm hoping it will sound just as good with my decent rig. Had to buy one you know how it is that little monkey on my back just won't stop biting.

I think my only problem now is the difference in tone was so noticeable that I don't think i'll be able to play without it.

I'll post a real review of my thoughts tomorrow after I've given it a real test. But just wanted to come on and share, these really are good units, doubt there every ones cup of tea but damn I was impressed.
  2. I just got one too. It seems to give me the same kind of low and high-end definition as my BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer without the excessive hiss I get from the BBE.

I highly recommend checking one out.

- Dave
  3. darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Aphex invented something wonderous when they made their Aural Exciter line. I havent tried it on bass yet but when my guitar player friend pluged his rackmount version in and turned it on..OMG, hes crap B-52 4X12 was mutated in a Marshall Stack. It really works wonders for tone.