Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aphex Punch Factory LED change

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kazuhank, Oct 28, 2005.

1. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Hey, I searched and couldn't find any info on how to switch the Aphex 1404 to have all the LEDs light up instead of just one indicator at a time. I picked up my unit used, so I have no manual and the online manual from Aphex only covers the 1401-1403 models.

Has anyone here repositioned the jumper plug to make this change? I opened the battery door and didn't see how to make the change.

Thanks.

2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    im in the same situation so hopefully we will get a reply from someone.
    Its a shame the PF isnt mentioned in the manual.

Dave.

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    IF you have the older model, I believe there's a jumper inside the pedal, accessable through the battery compartment. If you have the newer version, there is no jumper. From what I understand, Aphex had removed that option as there wereissues with power consumption.

4. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Oh well. that clears that up.
    I had also looked inside and couldnt find a jumper so i guess its a newer version.
    Thanks

Dave.

5. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep. I sort of wanted the older version also. It would have looked cool to see all though LEDs light up.

I actually think there was an issue with the DI output also... So you got the better version. One funny thing with my pedal, and maybe you can tell me if yours was the same: there was no protective plastic on the LED's. They were exposed under the front of the pedal. I could poke them through the front of the pedal??? So when I opened the pedal up, I noticed an oval countersunk area on the underside of the top of the pedal... as if a piece of plastic was supposed to be there?

Anyways, I just filled it with some transparent plastic I had sitting around. But I found that odd?

6. Mattski

Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    The jumper is well hidden and a little hard to switch. With the back off, pull out the battery and feel under the PC board. The jumper is a small square piece of plastic that is slide around two out of three pins. It is under the board, so it's a little tricky to find. To change the LED setting you need to slide out the piece of plastic and slide back on the other pin pair combination. It does cut your battery life in half, but it's no issue if you use and external power supply.

Good luck

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Good to know. Once I get my transmission rebuilt and paid off, an old Punch Factory is on my list of things to buy.

8. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Thanks Matski,

I looked and didn't see anything obvious, so I'll look a little closer. Considering that they accept almost ANY adaptor AC or DC, I'm using a wall wart and power consumption won't be a problem.

Thanks!

9. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    mine is a newer one and has no jumper. what a bummer! i really wanted to see that full bank of lights each time i played a note... :bawl: