Apocalyptica: Apocalyptica

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Feb 9, 2005.

1. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Well, Apocalyptica's new disc hit Europe a couple weeks ago, and I my import copy shipped out on release day- after much waiting it finally arrived.

This disc is yet another awesome hit from an incredible group. It seems they are straying more and more to their hard-rock infused side, but the album is still scattered with softer classical-styled pieces. There are far more vocals than on previous albums as well-6 tracks with vocals on the Limited Edition disc. the bonus track has German, French and English versions- I prefer the German. At any rate, I hope someone else has had a chance to check this out- I'd really recommend picking up teh limited edition disc while it is available. Cover art is superb as well!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Are they doing any more Metallica songs?.
  3. Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    I absolutely love Apocalyptica, and thankfully they've more or less completely strayed from their image of "those guys who cover metallica - on cellos!".

I saw them live in Belgium, and they were mind blowing.
  4. Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    Over here in Rochester we have our own Apocalyptica-esque cello rock group, but with a drummer. They're all students at the Eastman School of Music, the name is Break of Reality.
  5. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    This is good stuff! Thanks for mentioning this group:

6. I love Apocolyptica but I think they would be 100000 times better with a good drummer. I heard they did some songs with Dave Lombardo (from Slayer) but I never heard it. I also heard a rumor that they're coming around here (NY) to play a concert some time soon, if they do I'll be there.
  7. Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    I thought their drummer was awesome live, though I don't believe he's a permenant member. Met him after the show too, really cool chap =)