1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Apogee Duet vs iRig Mic STudio

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by supermanN, Mar 29, 2015.

1. supermanN

supermanN

Mar 29, 2015
    I'm actually new to recording and would like to record my guitar & my singing at the same time using ipad/iphone with one of these.

I think both products can do this? if im not mistaken

The guitar connects to the breakout cable to the Duet but im not sure about the iRig Mic Studio i think it doesnt and im not sure if its capable of recording guitar + voice at the same time or must be done separately? so does it mean the Duet has an advantage as it connects to the breakout cable in terms of capturing guitar tone as the iRig mic Studio cannot do this or it doesnt matter at all?

in terms of quality which should i get? and is there any other factor i should consider? I dont have a mic so if im getting a duet can you guys recommend a mic to go with it?

thanks guys