1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Apogee Jam into Audacity problems - Help!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by brianmharrison, Aug 11, 2019.

1. brianmharrison

brianmharrison

Oct 11, 2007
    Atlanta
    Hi-
    I am pretty new to recording and am trying to put together a recording set up.

I have a 1st gen Apogee Jam (not the 96k model) that has a USB cable with it.

When I plug my bass into the apogee jam, plug my apogee jam into a usb port on my computer and hit record in audacity, it says "error opening recording device" and does not work. The microphone drop down in audacity recognizes the Jam. What gives?

I had planned on this signal chain bass > pedal board > GK MB200 > Apogee Jam > Desktop computer running windows 10

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    Apogee products are Mac only. They won't work with Windows.

I'm sorry for your loss.

brianmharrison likes this.
  3. brianmharrison

brianmharrison

Oct 11, 2007
    Atlanta
    Well that’s terrible. Thanks for letting me know

4. Huw Phillips

Huw Phillips Life is like TV if the channel sucks change it Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Hoboken
    Just out of interest I just bought a jam on TB where did you get the Jam to USB cabel I have the JAm to iPhone and need the jam to usb
    Thanks h

5. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
  6. brianmharrison

brianmharrison

Oct 11, 2007
    Atlanta
    It came with mine. I had been recording on an iPad but thought I would step up to recording on a computer with the usb cable....

7. Huw Phillips

Huw Phillips Life is like TV if the channel sucks change it Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Hoboken
    Ok thanks I have the Crome one it has both the old and new apple iPhone & iPad cable but no usb thou it says it possible to hook up to a Mac