Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

apoligy for offspring bassist!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jul 5, 2001.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey guys lets just chill out man! I will buy you all a drink and we can discuss music theory! I didnt mean to tick anyone off at me man i just was explaining my views and some peopel started name calling and childich slams at my grammer(wich does suck iam sure) But hey iam a bass player not a english major! And if it takes me going up to my attic to dig out old mags of me playing then i will to proove to anyone that doesnt believe that ive played in a fairly large pro-band! And as for as discussin music theory then bring it on id be glad to teach you a few things! But over all i just want to say iam sorry to anyone that i made angry! There is no need to to get so angry when you post a thread wanting to know what people think of a certain bass player and then not getting the answers you want! I guess it just makes me very angry to see a band like the offspring make it so big when there is other bands and musicians that have worked so much harder to get there and have recived nothing in return! So hey guys go have a beer on me! Just bill me!

2. OK, so <b>when</b> are you buying us beer?:p

3. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Dude if any of you get to my neck of the woods in joplin mo give me a e-mail and i will buy ya a beer! Maybe i will get lucky and it will be a night we a playing! I will make you a part of the sound guys so you can get all the beer ya want for free!

4. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Is there not anyone else man enough to apologize for acting like butts?

5. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    I posted in the offspring thead and didn't act like a "but". I however don't feel you have to apolgise for anything. You were expressing your point of view. It did get a little petty in their, but we are not little boys now are we ;)

The main problem was that your posts were sometimes confusing to read, so some people misunderstood what you were trying to say. I got what you were saying. You felt that the offspring were crap musicians, but that rock music was just as valid as jazz and classical. Please correct me if I interpreted your posts wrong.

6. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey man correct me as you see it!hehe i suck at getting my point across! Seems that you get it right so power to ya! and i wasnt aiming that at you friend! And i will always hope that part of me stays a little boy!

7. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    no apologies needed for that one, i don't think. it was a valid thread that simply blazed a bit - a fairly common occurrence 'round these parts :)
    i don't drink eric man, but a cigar followed by a rollicking bass solo would go down smashingly !

8. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ah maybe we should do this in cuba then!

9. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    hey eric, What band did you play for? If you feel weird about bangin your drum here e-mail me. I'd be interested to hear from a fellow Warwick player (Well sort of, I sold my Thumb to buy my Alembic) But it was groovy while it lasted. I will own a Thumb again. It was Growly :}

10. yeah an apoligy wasn't really nessecary but at least you have the balls to say there are no hard feelings.

Peace

11. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    hey eric, What band did you play for? If you feel weird about bangin your drum here e-mail me. I'd be interested to hear from a fellow Warwick player (Well sort of, I sold my Thumb to buy my Alembic) But it was groovy while it lasted. I will own a Thumb again. It was Growly :}

I was in a band called 7-white for a few years! We got signed and made a couple of cds. You arent going to be able to buy them because it was before the whole amazon thing! Man we could have used that. But i could send ya one if ya want. I have a corvette-pro-line from the early 90s. And generally i get mad when someone gets rid of there warick but i think you made a good choice there! Id like to see a pic of the alembic!

12. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Hey Eric I'd love to check out a CD. E-mail me and I'll send you my address. Thanks!

13. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    How about you e-mail me because iam not sure how to do that! Never did it! And amn what a killer alembic!

14. Yeah, I went a little off my rocker in that thread... I hate it when people try and tell me that I should listen to something else(It's oppression, I tells ya!), and I got the wrong end of the stick it seems, blah blah blah. I'll try and keep it civilised in future.

Groove, you made a damn good trade IMO. My hatred for Warwick basses is well known. It's comparable to Munji's hate of Ibanez(which I love...go figure). It's spooky when a Thumb only costs 20% of your Alembic...:eek:

15. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I want 3 shots. Baileys

16. Eric I apologize for jumpin down your throat, I just don't like people judging others on sterotypes, still that is not grounds to flip out on you. And when can I get that drink?

17. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ahhh hell lets just have a party and i will get everyone smashed!