Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Apologies to Britney Spears, but..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Siff, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Oops.. I did it again!
    I scored a Hohner B2A (Steinberger copy) off ebay last night for $265. I was in NYC over the weekend and played one at Sam Ash, and just loved it. They wanted $500 for it, which I thought was insane. So, I checked ebay last night, and there was one there, and only 5 hours left on the auction. I had to do it! The one in New York had the detuneable bridge, and the one from ebay doesn't, but no big deal. I'm psyched for this new addition to my family of offbeat basses. My wife.. less psyched, what with my Curbow Jazz still in progress. Oh well! I should get the Hohner sometime next week, it's in California.
    Here's the auction, with pics..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1457964322&ed=998966496

2. So.. is this bass the new replacement for the Carl Thompson? :D

but hey, if you dont use that Thompson, i know of a warm home that would give it plenty of TLC over here in California :)

So where does this one actuly go in your lineup? Is this that, i wanna mess around with on a sunday afternoon type bass?

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats, dave! that thing sounds like fun...

for a 4 string :D

4. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Okay, we'll let the junior miss diva quote go this time, but if you start up with any Christina Aguilara lyrics I'm going to puke up my chow.

:D

Congrats on the axquisition.

5. interested in trying some of the modifications I did on my B2A? :D

as you can see, mine's seen a fair bit of abuse.
    I got it for £120 4 years ago and tested out a few ideas on it, used it for rehearsals, recorded a bit with it and used it for a few gigs too.

watch out for the tuning string clamps wearing out- they're made from aluminium/aluminum and the threads got stripped out on mine and I had to get a replacement set made in brass (only £20 though).

6. Aw quiet, the only reason you play a 7 is too make up for your obvious lack of playing skills. :D ;)

7. So Muttluk was sayin you actually owned a Carl Thompson? I cant imagin somethin replacing Carl Thompson.

8. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Cold bassline, just cold. :D
    Anyway, cool bass Dave!

9. Not too long ago they had the doubleneck version of that on Ebay. It was quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen. One neck was fretless, one fretted and it had a little rectangular body and no headstocks.

10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I'm a genie in a bottle baby/gotta rub me the right way honey/I'm a genie in a bottle baby/come, come, come on and let me out.

:D ;) :D

11. Aaaaarrgghh!!!!!!

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    no, no, no, the only reason i play a 7 is to make up for my woeful physical inadequacies. geeze, dude, get it straight.! :mad:

:D

13. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Where did I get the impression Nino was there. He wouldn't cut you a deal? Like throw in a pick.

14. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great Bass Dave and nice deal it looks like it's in great shape!!!
    I played one of those at a local shop and it played very nice and a nice rich tone.
    I think they wanted like $350.00 for it.

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, Dave!

Great price on a cool used bass.

16. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    ya know with modern medicine and todays technology you may be able to fix that small problem :D

17. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I don't know if it would be worth your while, Dave, but it might be a good idea to take the bass to a repair shop and have them remove that LED. All it does is make the battery die faster and it doesn't look so hot.

Other than that, congratulations.