Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

apologies!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ApeIsHigh81, Sep 2, 2004.

1. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    This will probably get moved, but I'm such an idiot. I'm completely sorry if anyone got offended by my title along with Al Roker having the barbeque equipment like he had the munchies or something. "Ape Is High" is a killer funk song by the 70's group Mandrill for those of you who don't know. I just looked at everything together and realized that someone might take it as a derrogatory racial thing. Completely not the case, I'm Mexican and my girlfriend's black. I added the avatar the other morning after seeing the goofy creation that is Roker on TV. Man I'm such a moron. please spread the word if you can, I don't want to have a bad rep here under false pretenses. :rollno:

2. i forgive you,
    but this probably should be in off-topic ;)

3. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    no harm no foul..

you seem like a good chap! :)

4. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Yeah I know, I'm sorry I'll never post off-topic stuff here again, but I know a lot of us go here more than other spots sometimes. Please move it Embellisher or someone

5. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    :scowl: Ha, you should've told me something Alembicplayer, like "what's your trip guy?" thanks I appreciate the good chap comment, you're a real cool guy too, as are a lot of other guys here. :D

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it's on its way. oh, and by the way, most folks visit the site by checking out the "new since last visit" link, so people will see it regardless of where you put it. :)

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I had one of those "Al Roker said it would be like this" t-shirts with the cartoon Al Roker on it. It doesn't get any cooler than that.

brad cook

8. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Don't sweat it. People are way too sensitive on this board. It is it's blessing and curse. You'll find that it's more of a blessing because the line has to be drawn somewhere to keep the idiots out.

9. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Yeah, true. I'm suprised more than anything no one told me anything. I'm glad everyone understood & is cool about it.

10. Hey!!! :mad:

I'm not a white guy and I prefer CDs over Vinyl. Your avatar offends me!!! :mad: I'm being oppressed!!

:p

Just kidding.

I thought the Al Roker thing was funny. Did you ever see that Food Channel show where he challenges the world's fastest omlette maker?

Yeah, same thing I thought, the world's fastest omlette maker...?

11. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Relax, Don't sweat it. I really don't think anyone freaked out over it. I thought it was a cool clever name.

I think we are to PC these days. I'm Mexican too and I have no problem with anyone goofing on me as long as it's not a personal attack because I'm Mexican. My wife is French and believe me she takes a lot of gooffing from me.

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I hate you!

I hate you!

I hate you!

I hate you!

I hate you!

I hate you!

I hate you!

I hate you!