Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Apology for yesterday's early morning post

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    To anyone who saw my post yesterday (before I was rescued and it was closed) I'd like to apologize for my childishness. Lack of sleep along with too much work and not enough down time led me to write thread titles that were terribly unlike me. It would have sufficed to say that I was really upset and disappointed that not a single person at Talkbass bought a CD that I put every fiber of my being into for the past 6 months. I felt really unsupported and got resentful at the fact that I actually lost some much needed sleep over it.

I really do enjoy this place and feel a kinship with a lot of the people here. Felt sorta slapped in the face by my own people.

I'm feeling much better today. Specially since a few have actually purchased a CD now. :)

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    If you need some more money sending, to cover postage costs to england, just let me know :)

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I missed your posts, but I can understand. We're all just human after all. It's cool that you have the courage to face up when you make a mistake.

I actually would have bought one... I just have been away from TB so much due to work and band stuff, that I didn't even remember that you had a CD. But I know I liked your samples that I heard before...

*whistling along* "I'm so happy...."

So, where do you sell those things from anyway? **EDIT** I just saw how to buy at the bottom of your post... so I will check it out now.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I missed the posts, but I understand.

When I first saw they were for sale I openned the link and left it open on my desktop for a few days thinking Id buy it but I can barely justify the cash I spend on eating sometimes. Sorry dude.

5. Joe, I honestly wasn't aware that you had a CD ready...I only have so much time some days to peruse the site, and it is apparent I missed the announcement(s).

I will check out what I an off yer site... if it's half as good as that closeup of the ladies modelling your schwag, I'll definitely buy a copy.

(I'm being flip with that comment...)

Seriously, if I like, I buy.
    Mon

6. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Yep, I must say that I saw your angry post and that was the first I heard of the CD. Perhaps you just need to spread the word a bit more. BTW, that angry post sure did sour me to the idea of buying a CD.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    HEY! We're all buddies here! So where's our free CD's?

8. Hey Munj, when you get your free CD could you burn me a copy?

9. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Hey Joe - I'd sooner buy a Britney CD. You insult talkbass by calling yourself a musician. In my opinion of course. ;)

Seriously, I didnt realize they were for sale yet, I will be getting one in the not too distant future.

10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I got mine on it's way. From the song I downloaded a while ago, this ought to be a good CD. Joe's a heck of a bass player, tasy and busy lines without crowding anything up.

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No prob, man!

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey Joe,

You know, I don't spend much time here anymore, so I don't get to hear anybody's music. But, I need to start listening some more, cause we got some real talented people here.

13. WORD

Amen to that brother

14. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    thanks everyone. the world seems all good again suddenly. could be that i slept. could be that a handful of people have bought the cd. :D Hope all of you who have really enjoy it. While it would be impossible to guarantee that, I CAN promise you that we put everything we had into it. At this point in time I don't believe we could have created a better product. We're proud of it.

Oh yeah... i'll tell you guys after people get it about this really cool anti theft stuff we had added to the cd. If someone tries to burn a copy not only does the disk melt in their drive, the fumes of the burning disk permeate the skin of whoever's trying to copy it and permanantly numbs a little known section of the brain that is responsible for the ability to create anything artistic. It was designed to help artists remain supportive of other artists.

As fer giving the CD away, I've probably given away thousands of CDs worth of my music over the years and it's time... actually I have to stop writing and go to my "other" job now... which is part of why i'm not giving away any cds anymore, which is also a whole nuther thread and topic that's been discussed here before. If I have time later I just may search for the valuing ourselves as musicians thread and bring it back to life. Or start another one.

thanks again everyone.