Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Apology to people I respect (multi string bassists)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Limo, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I want to start this by saying that I respect every guy in talkbass even though I've been supposedly bashed some of you guys. My sense of humor is very strange to most people, it's sarcastic, mean and perhaps over the top in some cases. (I watch too much of Curb your enthusiasm perhaps;) ) But all in all I can see that people can get hurt when intentions are not clear enough. I've spoken with John Turner, Stew and Embellisher about these issues in PM's and I think we have solved "my" issues quite well. I have spoken also with Mike Beem in a public forum and I hope he holds no grutches for the words I said. All though I do have my opinions about what's funny and what's over the top etc. I also realise after speaking to JT, Stew and Embellisher that this is no joke to people who have benn bashed a lot over the years for their choice of instruments.

I sincerely apoligize to all you guys who have taken my words as a bash or/and have been feeling bad because of them. Being a musician is not about gear, it's about feelings and expression and talkbass doesn't need any negativity or deconstruction. I hope you guys believe when I say that I regret some of the things I say allthough I do believe that people should be allowed to express themselves as they want. But there is a time and place for everything so I will do my best from now on to be as positive and constructive as I can:)
    I hope others will do the same

Thanks
    Agust Thor Benediktsson

2. although u have never bashed me that was a really nicew and sincere sounding apology. if you had, i would forgive you. :)

3. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    people are too damn sensitive on this board.....

:crying:

4. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

5. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    It's Toasted's fault...he's infected the board with emo.

6. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    It is easy for things to be taken out of context when reading someone else's opinion as opposed to talking to someone direct.

But Limo, that was a class act.

My hat is off to you.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very :cool:, man. It takes a class guy to apologize in front of everyone.:)

Even though you didn't mean the remarks the way that they were taken, my hat is off to you.

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! He's apologized to the multi-stringers, but what about the single stringers?

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Death to the single stringers!!! ;)

Oh wait....sorry.

Limo, that was a great apology. I don't remember, or missed what you posted, but as a seven string player, apology accepted. :)

10. i had a single stringed guitar at one time. all the strings broke and it wasn't in my funds to buy some more strings.

i wonder what happened to old one-string-y

oh here he is *picks up guitar and stums the E*

I love you.

11. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Thanks guys:) I wish JT, Stew and Mark Beem will accept my apology also. Plus every multistringers out there.

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You don't play one of those silly four-stringers, do you? Professional bass players wouldn't even consider playing anything with less than five strings.

13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Haha, that was hilarious.

14. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    yeah it was

15. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Well, I'm here, and I'm the only guy who counts :D

And I forgive you :p

16. Limo

A very nice and full apology, but not needed in my case - no issues with you. We discussed things months and months ago and sorted out any differences we might have had then.

All water under the bridge my friend.

Regards

Matthew
    7 string bassist

17. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    sure :) thanks for being thoughtful.

18. hey Limo,

beautiful post, man. sorry I didn't see it earlier. we've PM'd each other enough to know that all's cool, but apology definitely accepted.

bass on!

from the lows,

Stew

19. where is this mans Nobel peace prize????

20. [​IMG]