1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Apparently, I eat too fast

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan316, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Preface: I'm not quite sure if the Mancino's Pizzeria chain of restaurants or the Bellacino's Pizza and Grinders restaurants are nationwide, or just the Detroit area, so those of you who do not know of these establishments, I sympathize your pain and mourn your loss.

So I go get me the best damned sammich in town. Half-size Italian Special grinder, from Bellacino's. BEST damned sammich in town. If you argue otherwise, we'll rendezvous at your challenger's restaurant and do a taste test. Maybe two. Hell, baker's dozen, gotta be fair!

I get back to the shop, and start devouring my poor, innocent little friend. I pity not my sammich, nor do I show mercy. The victim was nowhere to be found, and the crime scene was licked clean (damned cheese and mayo sometimes sticks to the box, and I can't let that go to waste!).

One of the old farts in my company says, "What the hell! You just sat down! Do you even know what that tasted like????"

After a microsecond of a pause, I retort, "Don't worry, I've got a four-chambered stomach. I'll taste it when I puke it back up to chew for the next two hours."

STOPPED THE LUNCHROOM. I hear utensils drop, I see burgers hit the table, I laugh heartily.

I have now been dubbed the company's Bovine Shop-Vac. I think they're actually planning on ordering up a small Shop-Vac, are gonna paint it like a cow, and put my name on it.

All I can say is....

[​IMG]

2. I am known to eat way too fast, and I think I have actually come up with a reason for it.

Simply, it is to avoid conversation. Though it kind of has a reverse effect, because since I eat faster than most people, I will finish before them, and then have nothing to do but talk, but for the moments I am eating my food in such a rush, it is easier for me to avoid talking or anything like that.

That's what I've come up with at least. Either way, I like food and would like some right now.

(I prefer Toki myself :D)

3. blankstare77

blankstare77

May 19, 2006
    Interesting. I had a similar experience with a waiter at a pasta joint. He gave us the food and forgot the drinks. By the time he gave all 5 of us our drinks, I was done with the food haha. He flipped!

4. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit

[​IMG]

5. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    I tend to eat too fast thanks to years of conditioning with 20-minute public school lunches. I find that if I take really small bites and chew slower I enjoy my food a lot more and feel more full afterwards.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I eat too fast as well but only because I was raised by wolves.

bc

7. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I only eat ice cream very fast. Everything else I take my time with.

8. Only to graduate to 30 minute lunches at work....:smug: I'm the same way...

I'd take an hour lunch, but I don't like to stay the extra half-hour later.

9. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Same here....except chicken, I devour that aswell.

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm hungry.

11. I cannot eat fast to save my life, which makes dinner/lunch a very interesting time for me and my dinner/lunch-mates.

12. blankstare77

blankstare77

May 19, 2006
    Oh YES YOU WOULD EAT FAST TO SAVE YOUR LIFE.

Case in point: A TASTY TASTY BURRITO in 30 seconds OR DEATH (no more tasty burritos).

Lies.

13. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    hey Bryan, where in Detroit are ya from?

I too love Bellacinos and Mancino's .. there's still a bellacino's in southfield by where I work (northwestern highway / 12 mile area) .. that I go to every now and then .. Mancino's seem to be disappearing .. there were two where i live in Waterford .. now they're gone :(

I get the pizza grinders with peperoni and sausage :)

14. I got told off by a date once for eating too fast as I slammed into my plate enthusiatically devouring it.

"You paid a lot of money for that food. The chef worked hard making it? Don't you want to savour the flavours, the experience of eating it?"

No, I want eat up, get home and nail you through the bed. ;)

:bag:

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021