Apparently someone brought a gun to my school last week.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    No hit list or anything... just wanted to show off to his friends... and the local news is just now reporting it.

2. The media can be so slow sometimes. Slackers.
  3. How stupid can you get? He wanted to show off his "piece" which he no doubt got illegally from his thug ring, and didn't think someone might notice?
  4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Mike, you lead an interesting life.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey at least it wasn't a clipboard!

Having worked in the schools for the past two years I've seen a lot of crazy stuff go on. Most of it doesn't get "reported" by the news.

brad cook
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've got this great idea. It's this mat...
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

brad cook
  8. I swear I'll put strychnine in the guacamole.

Some kid brought a starting pistol to my old high school once. My dad was the vice principal and went up behind the kid and pulled the gun out of his back pocket. The cops had a look at it and said iit could fire .22 rounds.
  9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Not every kid that brings a gun to school is a thug trying to show off his gat or a columbine prozac kid wanting to shoot the building up.

We had a kid bring a pistol up to the high school this year. He's actually one of the kids that one of my sister programs works with and up until that point was a pretty good kid. He told my colleague (after the fact) that works closely with him that he had been threatened by some other students and brought the gun for protection. He got caught because at some point during the day he freaked out about having it and gave it to a friend and when he did another student saw it.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm defending the kid her because I'm not. It's an inexcusable thing to do. However, it's pretty sad that this school is bad enough that some kids are having their lives threatened. It's getting better but we still have a lot of problems. A few months back the head security guard was trying to break up a fight by himseld and 4 or 5 of the bystanders jumped on him and beat him pretty badly. The majority of students here are considered "at risk."

brad cook
  10. a guy came into my school with a machette a few years ago......pity, it was fun watching him get beat up by the sport teacher who's as built as arnie in conan.....

that was the seccond time in that day he came into the school...the first time in the morning the maths teacher beat him up....fisticuffs style.
  11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    wow. your teachers are pretty hardcore. :bassist:

or.... :eek: :confused:
  12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Just be thankful it wasn't the guy that cleaned your clock last week.
  13. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

brad cook
  14. it was funny, i was laughing the whole time it happened, the seccond time he came in it took about 6 secconds for a rumour that the principal got stabbed with a screwdriver....which didnt happen, but we got to leave early that day cos he got a black
  15. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    A kid in my school brought a gun to school and was showing it off to people too. What an idiot. He was expelled.
  16. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Was it you? :p
  17. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Was he (or you) a Marilyn Manson fan? :D

18. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    3 years ago some kid blew up a bathroom with a pipe bomb. it injured a **** load of kids and ruined a bathroom, a lockroom and part of them gym, yet it was never on the news(found out from another alumni).

i'm sorry, but if a kid is able to get their hands on a pistol to bring to school, there is some sort of problem.

hell, i grew up around guns all my life. never had the need to bring it to school and show it off. mainly because i knew if i did that, and i got caught, i would have had the **** beat out of me by my father. i think more kids need their parents to beat the crap out of them.

in NO way is this ok. i dont care if you have 20 dudes who wanna beat you up. there is no reason you cannot handle things like this without a gun.

the thing i find funny about kids bringing guns to school, the ones who bring guns because they are scared, wouldnt shoot the gun anyway, and itll just make **** worse.

if some kids in hs pulled a gun on me and didnt use it, duke would be done for.

Edit by Jazzbo: Please make your point without obscenities, even if they're masked. Thank you.
  19. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    It seems that kids' education in our days is left completely for school and parents are rather effortless about raising kids, avoiding responsibility for kids' higher violence and lower motivations. At the same time, the message from parents usually goes like "the one tries to make a human being of you at school is a looser". My parents were always very suportive of our needs and stimulated our capabilities and they certainly trusted our potentials in every aspect. But if I (or my 2 bros and 1 sister) did something out of place we were warned and if it was bad enough we got a slap in the face (reraly, but now, at 30 I totally understand them). None of us developed into a violent monster, or any other kind of social waste because of this! When a 3 year kid gets used to hti her mother to obtain a certain thing (I see this happen frequently and I feel the urge to slap the kid, but I -still- refrain), this is PATOLOGIC! HE'S ASKING TO BE STOPPED! Someone has to straighten him up! If no one stops him, guns at school (and violence in genera) won't ever stop.

Edit by Jazzbo: Please make your point without obscenities, even if they're masked. Thank you.