1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Apple iPad = Massive Fail (Not)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IotaNet, May 7, 2010.

1. And that's before the 3G version was even available. That's also before it was available worldwide.

Regardless of your personal feelings, you have to admit that Apple is onto something here. Just like the iPhone and iPod -- they had their naysayers too -- but both those products radically altered the landscape of how we listen to music and what we expect from smartphones. I think the iPad will do the same thing.

2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Everyone that I know who has one loves it...even without a USB port or a camera or...

I'm guessing when I'm at an Apple store in a few weeks, I'll walk out with one or two as well.

3. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    It's not a question of "fail". Even though I am a Mac user, I have a gripe against Apple throwing a lot of it-just-works powder in front of the casual use the iPad is meant for. It's an excellent PDA, browser, mail and IM client, etc.

It is NOT an excellent netbook, or a better e-book reader, yet this is how Jobs presented it. People who made the informed decision of buying a Netbook still bought one, because the iPad didn't answer their needs. People who wanted an e-book reader like the Kindle or Nook still bought one. Fanboys who didn't want one or the other ignorantly boast about how the iPad is better than both.

So success, yes. But there's been a relatively high level of returns up to now.

4. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    That just proves that there are 1 million people that would rather have a fashion accessory over a functional and useful tool.

5. 3 million people bought Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" album.

That doesn't mean its good.

[​IMG]

6. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    I'm sure a lot of those purchases were, "Ooh, a new Apple product. Imagine how hip I could be!"

7. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    This.

Also this.

lol, yea I forgot that threads on the interbutts are only for civil and pleasant agreement with one another.

8. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Wow man, you're taking this way harder than intended in contrast to the tone of your initial post. I deleted my comments, and my apologies for them.

I'm not a hater, just think it's an overpriced substandard product. better?

Ron

9. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    Is he wearing three chains and drinking from three cups to commemorate this?

10. Sometimes 1,000,000 buyers just means FAIL x 1,000,000. Which I would consider = EPIC.

Fail can mean different things to different people.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The only way to make this all better is for you to buy a couple.

:)

-Mike

12. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    naw, I already have a kindle and a notebook and netbook. this one has a webcam too (gasp).

13. I would love to buy an iPad if it wasn't running an OVERCLOCKED iPHONE CPU and could run MORE THAN ONE APP AT A TIME and had the ability TO ADD PERIPHERALS SUCH AS A CD/DVD-RW/ROM/BLU-RAY/HDDVD/BEAMAX DRIVE AND OTHER USB-BASED THINGS, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT NORMAL COMPUTERS DO.

Otherwise, I think it's kinda cool. There is, certainly, nothing else like it on the market right now and it is quite the forward-thinking product.

14. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    BETAMAX?

15. That is amazingly fast to sell 1 million units. I want one, but I will wait a few generations, so it will have a better processor, multi-tasking (coming out in August), and usb.

lowsound

16. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    +1 to all this, except I am not a Mac user.

And semi-OT the whole "it just works" crap never got to me. It just seems to imply that Apple stuff is actually not meant for people like me, that happen to understand how computers work. :)

17. you cant hide fail

as my friend said

we shall seez

18. Apple always was a better marketing company than computer maker.

19. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Agreed. I bought an iMac last summer. Absolutely the WORST decision I've made when it comes to purchasing a big ticket item. It doesn't do anything I can't do on a PC and cost a ludicrous amount of money to get what could have been had for a more reasonable amount of money had I have gone the PC route. That'll teach me to buy a computer after farting around with it for about half an hour in the Apple Store, rather than make a solid decision.

Maybe I haven't given myself the time to make a proper transition, maybe I should just buy myself a Mac for Dummies book. Damn it, I should have just bought a really beefed up laptop. Well, at least I'm not daft enough to buy an inconveniently large iPod touch...

20. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    well, ......... yeah. ;)

again with the kidding! please don't castrate me!