Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

apple paltrow?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, May 15, 2004.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes: the mind boggles. must be something in the water.

actually her name is apple martin, but still.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Who's Apple Paltrow?

4. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I knew it would happen. JT's finally lost his mind.

5. I get dibs on the double neck if he starts giving basses away. :D :ninja:

6. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I'm guessing Gwyneth (sp?) Paltrow and Chris Martin (Coldplay) had a kid (girl?).

Ouch...Not a good name is an understatement.

Marshall

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    At least it's not Moon Unit.

8. When short it's a fine name, but the second half just kind of ruins it a little. :smug:

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Apple Martin(i)??

10. This actually made me physically laugh out loud....or LoL, if you will. :D :D

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    [​IMG] --> :oops: --> :D --> :rolleyes: --> [​IMG]

12. apple blythe alison martin to be specific.

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I agree. It would be better if they conformed.

14. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    This is one of my big personal soapbox issues. My parents gave me a bad name. My last name is a common first name. And my first name is a common last name. So well-meaning idiots have insisted on correcting me when I introduce myself for my whole life. My name is Wayne Roy. Yes, I know. I should have been a cowboy. Based on that, I hate when parents give kids bad/stupid/goofy/Kree8ive-Leigh spelled names.

People! Listen to me!

If you are going to reproduce, THINK about what you are naming your child, for God's sake.

I work in a childrens hospital, and I see a bunch of kids whose parents should have been slapped when they named their babies. My favorite was a Mom who pronounced her kids name 'Sha-theed' but spelled it like what you call people who cut you off in traffic.

15. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    My girlfriend is a birth registrar(sp?)- she fills out and notarizes birth certificates. I get to hear all sorts of stories of stupid names people give their kids. Apparantly the big thing this year is to name your kid "Unique". And some people actually name their kid "Lord". Ugh.

16. Emerald_gasH

Emerald_gasH

Sep 17, 2000
    TO,ON,CA
    well, that seems more like a problem with spelling due to it being translated into another language....(i'm guessing she's south asian because the name sure sounds like it...?)

kinda the same with me but i love my name now (say it three times fast: Qurrat-ul-Ain..yes that's my first name..)...my middle name, Ain, is a part of my first name, and that's where i get my nickname Annie....but when i was young my parents wrote it "Ainy" because that's a direct translation from Urdu script....worst instance was when my teacher in first grade was like Ainy? whose Ainy...umm..you've only been teaching me for a year now...so i changed my spelling in third grade...

wow this is rambling...

otoh, i know a kid named Freedom and i think his brother's name is something similarily different

17. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I knew a guy named Rich Richards. We all just called him Dicks.

18. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    LOL

19. There is a man in my area named Richard Head. Yes, it I think that's worth repeating: Richard Head.

20. the sherriff in the town i grew up in, his name (seriously) is Dick Nutting.