1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Applications of BOSS FS5U footswitch (Strymon Flint)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slipitin, Jul 18, 2012.

1. slipitin

slipitin Guest

Jul 26, 2002
    London
    Hi,

Can someone explain to me what the non latching Boss footswitch actually does? I have two laying around and I'm wondering if they would perform the same function as Strymon's 'Favourite' switch if plugged into the Strymon Flint I'm about to get. Are they at all the same kind of switch? Are they safe to use with non-boss pedals?

Sure there must be some genius around who can tell me whether attempting this is a bad idea...I have no intention of wrecking a £250 pedal...I don't want to ask Strymon as of course they'd say only their switch is suitable, does anyone know better?

Thanks guys.

2. slipitin

slipitin Guest

Jul 26, 2002
    London
    get some bump

3. slipitin

slipitin Guest

Jul 26, 2002
    London
    and... nobody knows

4. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    i'm not an expert, but a footswitch is a fairly simple thing and i don't think it would break anything. i have used a boss fs for many vintage heads with channel switching capabilities and not broken a thing.

5. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I've used one on an eventide pitchfactor in the expression jack. It acted like an expression pedal except there was no in between just toe and heel positions.

6. slipitin

slipitin Guest

Jul 26, 2002
    London
    Hmmm...interesting...Getting a feeling this may be workable....

7. slipitin

slipitin Guest

Jul 26, 2002
    London
    How would 2 fs5u through a y cable into the exp of the Strymon Flint function? Any guesses?

8. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Anybody ever come up with an answer to this? I just got a Flint yesterday and I have both the FS-5U and a FS-5L not doing anything.