Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Appraisal on xbox stuff?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassManPatsFan, Aug 27, 2005.

1. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Hey guys
    So ive been in the market to buy a new amp for a while and ive been saving, but being a jobless teen its going slow, however i think ive finally found some financial aid. Ok, so i have this cousin who used to work for microsoft and he got me an xbox and a load of games a few years back. Basically he no longer works for the company, is no longer in touch with my family, and i no longer play the damn thing really. At first i thought of selling everything. This includes: the system which is in GREAT condition, two "S" controllers, two of the big old controllers, twenty three opened games (lots of stuff from ssx tricky to halo 2 to blinx(sp?) to baldurs gate), and one unopened game thats still perfectly sealed and even has the sticker from the microsoft company store on it. (as do about half of the opened games) Then however, i reconsidered and decided i wanted to keep halo 1, halo 2, and ssx tricky along with the xbox and controllers just in case I ever got the urge to play again. So i was wondering if anyone knows about how much dough i could score for 20 opened games and 1 unopend one, and also how much i could get for it all. Ive done some ebay research but im figuring tthat the stores would give me much different prices. Seeing as i really havent played the damn thing in a while, i could end up selling the rest of the stuff in a short while so knowing both numbers would be great if possible. Before i sell anything ill confirm with my parents (they should be ok with it-said cousins sorta outta the family picture for personal reasons and i did buy a lot of the other games) and with one of my other younger cousins who i did use to play halo with a lot. Call me crazy you may, but im desperate for cash and an amp and i havent used this stuff in a while and it will be good to cleanse myself if you could call it that. (im also kinda weening off the tv watching) Itll be sad to see this stuff go because we did put some good money into it and lots of hours playing, but ive got gas and nothings gonna stop me. :hyper:
    Thanks in advance for all your help.
    -Alex

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Just put it up on ebay. You should be able to net at least $150 for the XBox and controllers and probably $25-30 for each game.

3. BassManPatsFan

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    maybe...however my parents arent really so into the ebay thing i think they dont trust it which i can understand. i dont know, i dont have a credit card so that makes it harder. I was thinking of taking the stuff down to my local game store and see what they offer me.
    thanks for your help.
    -Alex

4. With ebay.. its only worth what someone is willing to pay, so you might do well on it, or you might get a little less than expected. Either way, if your never going to play them, you might as well sell them somehow.

Some local stores might try to rip you off, or just buy it very cheap, especially since it is used. With ebay I think you might do a bit better IMO.

If at all possibly you can go the Ebay route, I'd put most of your games on it, with a reserve, and it if is not met on some of the games, you can sell it to the local store.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    They'll rip ya off, especially EB. I dunno really how much xBoxes go for or anything... I'd say $100 for the console, $20 a game, $10 a controller, at most. Yeah, it's new and what not, but with xBox360 coming soon and PS3 and what not, they're value is already droping, and will continue to do so.

-Ray

6. Yea, I doubt you'll get much... but, a kidney on the black market is worth $30,000... :smug:

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'd go $125 for the XBOX and all four controllers. Most of the game stores around here sell a used XBOX with a couple controllers and a 30 day warranty for $125. $20 per game looks to be fair market, maybe a little more for big titles like Halo2, any '06 sports title, and some of the new fighting games.

-Mike

8. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    You'll be lucky to get more than $10 per game and $50 for the console at a game shop, if that. Those places exist because they can rip people off. If you can't do ebay you might want to take it to a flea market.

Or drag your parents kicking and screaming into the 20th century ;)

9. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Quoted for truth. Also, in a few months, cut those prices in half again, because everyone and their brothers will be selling old Xboxes and games once the 360 comes out.

Ebay is probably the only way you'll get any sort of cash out of the stuff at all.

10. BassManPatsFan

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Yeah, no really.
    I have a friend whos dad sells a ton of stuff on ebay and hes a well respected seller and buyer, so maybe if i have him help me list the games and stuff my parents would feel better about it. I was pretty sure the gaming stores would rip me off, but Ive never sold games there before so I didnt know. I think im definitely going to try the ebay route. Thanks for the help.
    -Alex