1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Appreciation ...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by RustyAxe, Nov 29, 2018.

1. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    I want to say how much I enjoy this forum. While we disagree, most seem to understand that we are all in different places musically, and play very different music to very different audiences. Thanks for many good reads over the years!

That is all ...

design, 12BitSlab, Flooflox and 51 others like this.
  2. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Likewise

jamro217 likes this.
  3. brokencode

brokencode Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Allen, TX
    Is a bass in Connecticut similar to a bass in Texas? just askin'

jamro217 likes this.
  4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    No. Basses in Texas a bigger.

5. It’s OK to disagree. Everybody’s entitled to my own opinion.

6. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Absolutely! Well, we try.

jamro217 likes this.
  7. I agree! Lots of diverse perspectives here - and that is a formula for everyone to benefit from. There are SO MANY people on here I’d love to sit down and have a drink with.

8. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Smurf Village
    searching for likes?

jamro217, Spectrum and kobass like this.
  9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Couldn't agree more. Some of my favorite people here are some of the guys I disagree with most. :D

But it's seriously a great "cyber community" overall.

10. Apparently it's only great so long as you aren't a bona-fide bigshot telling everyone how it's really done in the big leagues and getting pushback from the trenches where that don't fly.

11. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Do you think I need to?

jamro217, Sixgunn, HolmeBass and 2 others like this.
  12. portpc

portpc

May 31, 2011
    Connecticut basses have the faint odor of nutmeg....

jamro217 and kobass like this.
  13. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    jamro217 and Spidey2112 like this.
  14. Well, like, that’s just your opinion man! :bored: :D

15. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Thanks, I couldn’t quite determine what that odor was.
    I know my car smelled like cigarettes in the 70’s and 80’s after the weekend and I didn’t even smoke cigarettes.

jamro217 and portpc like this.
  16. viper4000

viper4000

Aug 17, 2010
    Charlotte
    @RustyAxe - Here, Here!

Always like to see your posts and contributions! As well as many others on this site!

Flooflox and jamro217 like this.
  17. If all tb'ers got together for a hang out..

jamro217, Holdsg, Spectrum and 2 others like this.
  18. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    What, it's group hug time? :meh:

group-hug-o.

:D

Kidding aside, I agree. I came here as a middle-aged newbie having no idea what bass playing was about other than I thought it would be fun to play. And, a few years ago when I finally decided to actually learn to play (as opposed to just futzing around in my basement as I had been doing for too many years), I got great advice not just on gear but on all aspects of playing out with others.

I've gotten a lot of good information, had great experiences buying from and selling to other TB'ers, have gotten to know quite a few TB'ers via IMs and Facebook, and have also met a few TB'ers in person along the way. I've had a great experience here and learned far more than I ever could have learned on my own starting as late in life as I did.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  19. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    You're welcome. This really is a great resource for figuring out the dos and don'ts of running a band. And I don't know how this is going to sound, but among other things it has made me really appreciate how lucky I've been over the years. No power trips, no head games, no drug abuse, no guitar players with freaky Significant Others, no scheming promoters trying to rip me off...maybe there's something wrong with me? :D

Mr_Moo, jamro217 and RustyAxe like this.
  20. I enjoy reading the posts. It is very educational, sometimes its very opinionated, even some of my replies are opinionated (Did I just say that ?? ) Humor and off-topic are good to read also.

Mr_Moo and jamro217 like this.