Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Approximate Value of 1970 Jazz Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Maldoror, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Maldoror

Maldoror

Oct 8, 2005
    My apologies if the question is stupid or has been previously answered -- I am rather new here, but ran a search and didn't come up with any answer. I know a guy who wants to sell a 1970 Jazz Bass, in rather good condition, with no dead spots, etc. and I would like to know what a fair offer would be. Many sincere thanks to those who take time to help... :bassist:

Regards,
    M.

2. Bass Northwest seems to have a constant supply of used 70's J Basses. The typical price seems to be between $1,200 and $1,800, depending on general condition, refinishes, etc.

3. Maldoror

Maldoror

Oct 8, 2005
    Thanks very much. I managed to haggle him down to $1000 -- and upon checking the serial number at home discovered that it's actually from 1969, not 1970 as I was told. As it's in fine condition, it's probably the best deal I'm going to get in a while... :)
    Pictures soon...

4. Great deal! Need pix...

5. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    UNBELIEVABLE DEAL. If I saw a 1969 Jazz bass here in the UK at DOUBLE that price, I'd buy it in an instant!

The price differences are AGONISING!