Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

April 29th NY Get together planning session

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Apr 21, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Hi Everyone

I was thinking it would be nice to get a group of us from here together for dinner and few to discuss the next New York Get Together. It looks like April 29th is the date and we will meet somewhere in mid town, Aram knows a well priced places their.If anyone is availible will see if we can hit up a few bass locations first.Everyone is welcomed :)

2. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Good call Kevin -- I'm psyched! I had a great time at the last GTG, and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again. We could meet up around 48th st, hit a couple of shops, then make our way west for some food and drinkage.

Cheers!
    Aram

3. MAJOR METAL

Sounds like a plan :hyper:

4. Count me in.

Yeah, it'll be good to see you again, Aram and Kevin.

I have to work that day, but what time were you guys thinking of meeting, and at which place?

May I add that even if you don't want to eat and drink, and just have a few sodas, it would be nice to meet as many TBers from the NYC area as possible.

Come on people, let's do this. :hyper:

Mike :)

5. Argh if this was 3 weeks later I'd be all over it. You caught me in the middle of finals weeks and so drivin' to the city ain't happening. Post pics and shtuff!

6. I go to school with Indi86, if you guys can push the date back until Middle of May both of us would be in attendance... I have a warmoth deluxe five you guys could play. ;)

7. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I'm in. Any ideas what time so that I can start my scheduling for that day?

and Aram....I dig your avatar! Brooklyn brewery rules.
    and then there's the Heartland on 43rd. Tracks in Penn station is excellent....and then there's...well you get the point.

Bass Ale <------mispronounced in my opinion.

8. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY

Hey Groovecenter -- the 29th is just to plan the next get together...the actual GTG date will definitely be in mid-late May or later.

-Aram

9. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Hey Novus -- not to speak for everyone, but we'll most likely meet in the early evening for the planning session.

BTW, they also re-opened Times Sq brewery, in case you weren't aware....

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I might just drive up there.

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I may or may not be game. It's a bit of a drive, but if I can pull it off I want to go. I'll keep my eyes open for more info.

Ray

12. Im gonna be in the city that day anyway...can I tag along?

13. Everyone's invited. :)

Mike

14. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    very cool. I'll be there.

Good pubs in the area:
    St Andrews: 44th b/w 6th & 7th
    McHales (45th/44th? & 8th - great burger there)

15. MAJOR METAL

Aram

What mid town places did you have in mind. Is 7 PM a good time for the guys who are only comming right from work?.

16. MAJOR METAL

Dave ever been to Joshua Tree?

17. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yeah, it's ok. If it sells good beer and the music isn't too loud, I'm easy.

18. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    yeah but, times square brewery is a menz a menz

19. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I'm just trying to say that the sooner iknow, the better. this is my busy season. I sell fences. However, I do drink a lot of beer.
    john :D

20. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    There are a few places clustered in the 40's off 9th -- Don Giovanni is a great Italian joint on 44th that's relatively inexpensive and we can sit outside. Joshua Tree is cool with me too -- that whole upstairs opens up, and it seems to have a pretty diverse menu. There are a few other places on 9th that come to mind, but I can't think of the names offhand -- if figure we can just bounce around and check out menus to see what everyone can agree upon (I'm pretty flexible myself...)

7pm is great, I can be there by 6pm most likely (maybe i'll sneak into Rudy's before it closes if that's the case :ninja: )