1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

April fools jokes

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by AgressivePassiv, Apr 1, 2013.

1. AgressivePassiv

AgressivePassiv

Feb 3, 2011
  2. Lol!!! Haven't seen any others but after that, I don't need to.

3. AgressivePassiv

AgressivePassiv

Feb 3, 2011
    Here's one from truefire

Introducing TrueFire's First-Ever Tahiti Guitar Camp!

Introducing our first-ever TAHITI GUITAR CAMP!

Join our top instructors in Tahiti for 5 days and 5 nights of guitar instruction, jamming, snorkeling and beach parties in Bora Bora.

Only $999 per person including airfare, bungalow lodging and food. Limited to 15 students!

Get more info about the Tahiti Guitar Camp >>

4. tmdazed

tmdazed

Sep 29, 2012
    I announced that I had finally after 30 years of songwriting that i was offered a contract in Vancouver and I was moving next month and would miss the guys I am currently playing with. Went on to say how the label wanted to put me together with a group of 4 other studio players and I would be announcing a release party for everyone to come to before Christmas. Needless to say I took about 10 phone calls from member of the 2 bands I play with calling me all kinds of respectful and complimentary names, all felt foolish when I pointed out todays date lolol. Facebook people are so gullible, but it was sure nice to see the well wishers , at least a few people think i may have something in the stuff I write lol

5. Anyone see the Ashdown 'Holo-rig'?

6. droo46

droo46

Jun 16, 2011
    Here's mine from my bass cover channel. (Phil Collins content)

7. AgressivePassiv

AgressivePassiv

Feb 3, 2011
    No can't find it. Link?

8. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

Years ago a manager and friend of mine, called me into the office on the April 1st. Tells me to sut down and then tells me my mom died. Ten seconds later he yells April Fools! I about killed him.

9. [​IMG]

10. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    How could anybody think that was funny?! That's just cruel and malicious.

11. droo56... that was amazing! LMAO at the drum solo.

And Wesley R, my Grandpa actually died 18 years ago on April 1st and everyone in the family thought it was a messed up joke we were trying to pull... so I can imagine what that was like.

12. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

He later apologized, and felt like an idiot. I will never forget the day or the feeling.

I got even. His girlfriend now wife like my band so had to see us a bunch of times.

13. unlined4string

unlined4string Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Baltimore County, Md.
    Funniest April fools post I saw all day. Basschat posted it on their FaceBook page. I don't know if the link will work (and you might have to be logged in to FaceBook to see it).

The press release is priceless. "Sporting a new modern ukulele look, the Hyperuke¬ô was designed as the first ukulele with a composite neck and multiple tuning capabilities. "

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...09107684340.94775.109078519340&type=1&theater