1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ARB, info on this cab and amp? HALP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zagnut, Mar 15, 2009.

1. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
  2. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Nobody knows? Surely there are some people here that have seen one of these.

3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Not big enough to be a true folded horn, just barely big enough to be a scoop of bad design although seller almost intimates that two more drivers could be placed in there ; }

I doubt there's anything to attract either a modern buyer or a vintage enthusiast. Just because it's for auction doesn't mean it's for action. 157 pounds?

4. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I remember those ARB amps from back in the early '70s when I was first starting to play bass. Guitarist Bill Durango had a music shop in University Heights, and later Cleveland Heights, Ohio; he had a bunch of ARB amps for us to use whenever we went there on Saturday afternoons to jam with friends.

5. growler571

growler571

Sep 19, 2007
    Our jazz band in highschool had an ARB bass combo with either 210 or 212 inch woofers in it. The amp part had a dark blue face. Damn no one but a couple of us have heard of these. I cant find anythng on the net either.

6. garyhope

garyhope

Feb 7, 2015

Only many years late to the party.

I was playing (drums) with the Victor Brady band in NYC in the early 70's (We had a semi "cult" non hit album on Polydor a million years ago) and we had ARB amps. Big tall guitar and bass cabinets with separate treble and amp heads. The most striking thing about these amps (besides their very LOUD sound volume) was the distinctive covering or coating on them. It was some kind of electrostatic fuzzy coating in bright colors. I think ours were bright red and bright blue. Later, they were stolen out of our rehearsal loft. For some bizarre reason they left my large set of pre CBS Rodgers drums there.

The eBay link no longer works. It's out of date like the amps, my band and my music career. LOL.