1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Arcus Concerto German bow- $1350

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by LouisF, Jan 21, 2018.

1. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    $1500.00
    Style:
    German
    Recovering from surgery, I'm cutting down on my playing time (especially as I get closer to 70!). I'm using a great Guasti & Bottoni bow, a Jens Paulus and a Tom Owens bow. This bow, plus the other three listed here, should go people who are going to use them every day.

The Concerto was the second highest grade in old Arcus system. It is the equivalent of the new S6 model, and there is a lot of debate as who is the keeper of the real Arcus legacy. Anyway...

This bow ways 118 grams; is incredibly well balanced and strong; it's a bright bow (as the name implies), but great for long rehearsals. Very comfortable to play.

These bows were @$2500 new. This has some wear on the stick just below the wrap. Snakewood frog.

Available for trial with deposit. I'll add actual photo tomorrow, but it looks exactly like the ones in the link (but 10 grams lighter!

Thanks
    Louis

Earlier Series - Arcus

Arcus bass bow S6 german

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Arcus and Brunkalla bows are out on trial. Thanks

3. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Arcus bow still avaiable. Price drop to $1350 (which is about half what they cost new) Thanks
    Louis

4. Anjiekat

Anjiekat

Apr 23, 2016
    Hi there
    Do you still have the arcus concerto bass bow? If you do and you would be prepared to post it to the UK, it would be good to see a couple of photos. I currently use an S5 French bass bow so I am familiar with the make (I know Berndt too). This might be an opportunity to try a German bow
    Thx, Angela

5. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi Angela,

I'm having trouble downloading photos from my phone for some reason (my wife is the tech genius, but she's out right now) Anyway, I found a photo (not mine) comparing the concerto to the s6 ( I believe). The concerto is on the bottom. Mine is the same. It has a little wear on the stick below the wire wrap. I'll try and send the other photos later.
    Louis

Attached Files:

6. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi

Here are the photos of the Arcus bow, which I bought used several years ago. It weighs 118 gr and was recently rehaired. The stick has some surface wear just below the wrapping. Thanks. Let me know what you think. There are suddenly two other people interested in the bow. Must be back to school or something!
    Louis

Attached Files:

7. Anjiekat

Anjiekat

Apr 23, 2016
    Hi Louis
    Thanks for the pictures - actually they make me a little nervous, as I can't easily confirm which model the bow is and the weight / finish are not consistent with the 2004 archive pictures of the Arcus Concerto bows on the Arcus website. thoughts?
    Best wishes, Angela

8. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    See PM with documentation from Weinkrantz Music confirming the sale (to me) of the Arcus Concerto bow
    Thanks
    Louis

9. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sold! Thank you.
    Louis