1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Are 1989 squier 2's p basses sought after?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheFenderBender, Jul 21, 2012.

1. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

Jun 27, 2012
    They dont have a pickguard and are pretty neat, and generally play pretty nice.

2. the wako kid

the wako kid

May 11, 2011
    Denver,CO
    mine has the guard actually.I dont think they are as sought after as the MIJ basses,but mine is still the best squier I've ever played,and the refinish makes it slightly more sought after SAM_0151.
    dont know if mines an 89 but it is squier two and it does kick ass.from what I've seen tough,they dont sell for much. like 200-250.

3. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I had one with the PG and I'll say this: It had a fantastic neck and was a great bass for the money.

100_1424.

Like I said, the neck was great and it had that classic P bass vibe that was everything you'd want in a good, cheap bass.
    The color was also quite nice. But I'm a sucker for pearl white.
    I only paid $100 and eventually traded it for a much better bass, but it was well made. It was the full thickness body, not like the newer, flatter Squiers. But... ply wood. So as much as that one was a winner, there were duds, too, I'm sure.

100_1426.

4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I would.

5. solderjunkie

solderjunkie

Jan 27, 2008
    Nashville TN
    Squier II's have awesome necks, but most of the rear-routed versions I've seen have plywood bodies. Not that plywood is bad, but it is lower value.