Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are A/B's Universal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chaosMK, Aug 15, 2005.

1. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I just got an old Mesa 400 and heard that you can A/B the two inputs. However, I can seem to find the manual for it anywhere online (including Mesa's site). I dont really know much about this... can I use any box as a switch?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Are you saying there are two channels, or two inputs that you want to use? What is the purpose of this question?

3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Sorry for not being clear. I found some more information and figured out what I needed. I wasnt sure if there were two channels that could be controlled by a footswitch (which would probably be some other type of switch, not an A/B), or if an A/B could be could be used to switch between the two inputs. It looks like an A/B with cables going to each input is how you would do what I have in mind. All apologies for my newbness in this area.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Hey, that's life. The only dumb questions are the ones not asked, or the ones asked but so unclearly that noone can answer them ;)

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    What pedal did you end up getting? I'd like to do the same with my Bass 400.

Thanks, Tom.