1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are all Ampeg svt 810e 800w?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ashtray666, Sep 14, 2018.

1. I have two options here, I can either buy an early SLM 810e (single 1/4” input) also before the serial # change so I guess that means it is made 86-88? that is $450. Second option is another SLM 810e. doesn’t have the giant handle on the back though. serial # dates it to 1997. But, this one has the 3 1/4” and 2 speakon jacks in the back. I know this one is 800w but what about the older one ??

2. voided3

voided3

Nov 11, 2008
    My SLM-era 810E is from 1996 and has the single 1/4” jack (though I just converted it to Speakon). Based on the info I could find, it has the 100 watt Eminence drivers in it, making it a 800 watt cab total. I understand this cab you’re looking at is older, but here’s what they look like for reference if you get a chance to investigate:

A90_EE49_B_78_BE_4975_B003_0_F84_EADC413_D.jpg

To add confusion, the wattage ratings on these cabinets when looking at various older SLM-era catalogs seems to fluctuate. I’ve seen them listed at 350, 600, and 800 watts. What amp are you going to use with the cab?

3. Hey! thanks for the info, I will be using an svt 4 pro. That is why it matters to me if I get the right one. Im into the older one because well, Older (and I think it’s plywood so it’s lighter) but then again the ‘97 has the updated inputs on back,

4. voided3

voided3

Nov 11, 2008
    Hmm, based on Ampeg’s specs, the 4PRO is 1200 watts bridged at 4 ohms, which would be more than enough to toast any 810E if you aren’t careful. You can run the amp in stereo mode and just run the cab into one side of the amp; that way, it would be limited to 490 watts. Or just be careful and run it bridged!

I did a recent gig my 810E powered by my Mesa D800+ at the full 800 watts and it survived unscathed, though that amp has a variable high pass filter that I had dialed up to about 55 Hz and the master volume was below noon with the input gain set a little hot get a hair of overdrive. I’m all about overkill bass rigs all in the name of headroom. :D

agedhorse likes this.