1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Are all Peavey Amps and Cabs made in China now?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by growler571, Apr 17, 2016.

1. growler571

growler571

Sep 19, 2007
    Hello fellow bassists Growler571 here. I am wondering if all Peavey Amps and Cabs are made in China now or are some made in the U.S. still? If so which ones are made in the U.S.? Also how is the quality of the Chinese made cabs and amps? Are they as durable as the old Peaveys of the 70's 80's and 90's and how is the tone is it better abut the same or has it dropped? I am thinking about getting a new tnt tour 115 for just practicing with the band as my gallien Krueger 700rb suddenly burst into flames in the fan area a couple years back and I do not trust it. How do the new tnt's sound for those of you that have one or have played thru one?

2. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    The Classic 30 & 50 serries guitar amps and cabinets are still U.S. made as well as the rest of their higher end guitar stuff. Think the MB3-MA tube bass head and pro series cabs are too. Unfortunately I think the rest is Made in PRC.

Pandora's Box is officially opened...

3. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I recently watched Undercover Boss on Peavey

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Pretty sure everything Peavey is made in China now. Most of their USA plants have been closed.

Here's the Classic 30 that you mentioned:

cl30.JPG

It's the way of the world, unfortunately.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    murphy likes this.
  5. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    5 plants in Meridian are open, including the one where I work. There is a little USA production...mostly speaker cabinets, Media Matrix, and some guitar amps. The area shown in the video still above is open, for instance.

6. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I stand corrected.

Wow! What a shame...