1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are Ampeg 410HLF Cabs Stackable?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by christliche, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. christliche

christliche

Jan 10, 2007
    I haven't found any images of two of these cabs stacked on top of one another, but also haven't found any info stating they cannot be stacked. Would they have to be laid on their sides?

2. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    Someone on eBay or Reverb was selling a pair of those and they were stacked on their sides.

I used to stack my BA500 on top of my 410HLF
    003.JPG

3. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    They could be stacked or placed on their sides, but they're 4 ohm cabs and not really designed to be paired up, as the lows can be excessive with even 1 cab.

jchrisk1 likes this.
  4. I’d like to know how one of those hlf cabs sounds with an fdeck

Stumbo likes this.
  5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Two would be massive.

6. Yes they stack fine however as @blubass stated they are designed as a more 1 cab solution. Sure you could stack two at 2ohm with an amp that handles that, you'd just want to dial the eq in right.

I more commonly see the 410HE stacks.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    They're not fun to stack, but they are stackable.

rodl2005 likes this.
  8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I used to run two of them stacked, powered with a 4 Pro, many years ago. It works.

9. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    I have stacked two SVT-410HLF a few times. It can be done, but is neither very stable, nor good for the cabs. The feet and casters do not line up well with the top panel on the bottom cab.
    In order to make it "sit" stable, you will end up with the top cab leaning slightly rearwards, and even then it is not gig-worthy (IMHO). One could manufacture a MDF or plywood "adapter" plate, to put between the cabs, and then get a much better starting point.

Stacking on the side will not work if you have the version with spring loaded side handles. Latest versions seem to have Marshall style handles, so they could be stacked on their side.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  10. DEMS854

DEMS854

Jul 15, 2017
    Detroit, MI
    How did you like it? I just ordered a second one for my 4 pro because someone mislabeled it on the GC website, got the second in like new condition for 350. Any hiccups you ran into (aside from transport)? I plan on using two for shows and keeping one at home and the other at practice space.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  11. alarius

alarius

Feb 20, 2018
    Quebec
    I’m thinking about getting the same kit. Already have the 4pro and 1x 410hlf. How do you like 2x 410? Was it easily stackable?

12. DEMS854

DEMS854

Jul 15, 2017
    Detroit, MI
    I turn one upside down and put a hoodie in between the two, I don't know if there's any phasing issues from reversing the inputs, so I make sure I plug in the same spot on each cab. I really like it's sound, but it's a beast to move that setup around. Usually the band packs up one cab and bring it to gigs, and I fit my second cab with my amp in the backseat of my car. It balances just fine on a hard floor, but on a hollow stage it seemed a little precarious. On a big stage with sound support I would say the one cab would be enough with an amp stand to get it closer to your ears, but the two together is overkill for even a big venue. Without a soundman in small places it really shines though. With proper EQ it can really fill a room without becoming too boomy. It definitely is a different animal than an 8x10, but I think I prefer the pair. Might try to put some rubber feet on the sides, so I can stack them sideways, keep things a little more stable.