1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are bass players known to be overly sensitive? Olympus thinks so

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by oldrocker, Sep 22, 2008.

1. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    There is an Add in the December issue of Guitar magazine that makes fun of bass players.

It's an Add for an Olympus recorder.

This is the statement is question:

"The microphone is incredibly sensitive. Kind of like your bass player."

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    aside form the "bass is not so easy a syphilitic monkey could play it" boulder on some people's shoulders, no not at all.

3. the evil

the evil

Aug 12, 2008
    i actually think most players are WAY to under sensitive.....

if you insult most any other person in the band they will usually stand up for their chops and either show off or walk away with two hot chicks....

for some reason every other bass player i've met never seems to want to stick up for themselves and almost over tries to avoid confrontation by acting lazily confused.

i think this is where that "monkey" stereotype evolved from.

i think if most were a bit more sensitive it would break some of the stereotypes they have in the industry.

I'm a HUGE guitar hero fan (or was until that charisma lead to boredom) and was highly pissed when this quote popped up mid songs "You need a minifridge in your practice space. It's more important than a bassist"

4. wallybill

wallybill

Apr 4, 2007
    Tuscola, Il.
    S#&* on Olympus!
    What a bunch of jerks!
    *grumble grumble*
    I saw Rush try to play along with Guitar Hero (or one of them thar video game thingys) on the Colbert Report and they lost. And it was one of their own tunes. So I say...
    S#&* on Guitar Hero Too! I don't play video games anymore, because I discovered I don't really need another addiction. Just couldn't put the blasted thing down.

Is that too sensitive?