1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are cargo pants "out"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tony G, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Not that I really care, and I don't see myself not wearing my favorite pair of cargo pants anytime soon, but I've recently become aware that cargo pants are out of fashion? For a number of years now I wear cargo pants on colder days, and am lucky enough not to have a formal work enviroment and wear them virtually every day to work. I can't really stand those "fashion" jeans that look like pre faded teenage girl jeans that I see so many guys wearing these days and is currently the "in" style.

One other thing I've been told is that cargo shorts are still ok (which I also wear regularly), but jean shorts are out of fasion. So let me get this straight...

Denim Jeans - IN
    Denim Shorts - Out

Cargo Pants - Out
    Cargo Shorts - In

Is this really the way it is???

2. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Were they ever 'in'?:D

joking...

Jeans never seem to go out of fashion, they just change. Over here skinny jeans seem to be all the rage but i've avoided that for now, not really into it at all... Cargo pants are pretty hip, they're actually pretty practical

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    In fashion?? Out of fashion??

I dunno, all I can say is that parachute pants are pretty darned comfy! I don't care if I own the very last pair know to be in existence......

4. Yeah. The Jonas Brothers and Hanna Montana are messing up the fashion industry. I wear cargo pants and jeans on a regular basis (which reminds me: i have laundry i need to sort and do.

I like cargo pants. they're comfy and have lots of roomy pockets. great for playing bass in, so you can have nifty places to put extra picks, cans of beer, snickers bars, bacon, and other stuff you need onstage.

5. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI

I don't carry bacon in my pants anymore. Not after that embarrassing indecent going through customs.

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    You and my younger brother. :D

7. I had these things called helicopter pants, which were sorta like a cross between cargo and parachute pants. They had zipped pockets, which was what sold me on them. I could no longer worry about my stuff falling out of my pockets.

8. Curtybob

Curtybob

Jun 2, 2007
    Jackson, MO
    I wear cargo shorts almost all the time. Well, those and my old Girbaud jeans. Those are the most comfy pants in existence. It's a mix between regular waist height, and old man waist-at-the-armpits height... well, if you keep them pulled up, anyway.

I don't know how anyone can stand wearing those low cut pants. They are just too low for me.

9. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Basically, yes.

10. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Yeah, shorts are great--if you are a 12-year old boy. Grown men? :rollno:

11. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Why? What exactly is wrong with cargo pants?

12. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Grown men can't wear shorts in the summer? :confused: This is news to me. I plan to continue wearing my cargo shorts if the weather calls for it, so I guess I'm hopelessly out of fashion.

13. I still wear cargo pants. I don't care about fashion.

And who hasn't seen a grown man wearing shorts? The only adult I never see in shorts is my dad.

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Don't worry about it. Wear what you're comfortable in.

15. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I'm definitely not worried about it. If cargo pants aren't in right now, the will be again because I wear them. :D

16. Went shopping with Junior yesterday.

Apparently, argyle is big with the kids these days.

I'm still waiting for the "waistband under the nipples" old man trousers look to come back. I'll be ahead of the curve.

17. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I've had 2 pair of cargo pants for over 5 years and wear 'em all the time. They are comfortable and carry all my stuff in the pockets. Nice for riding and great for cold weather days.

Meh!

18. Trevor.A

Trevor.A

Jan 2, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
  19. ahkiatt

ahkiatt

Sep 30, 2006
    Singapore
    We are bassists! Fashion has never been our friend. :rollno: