Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are case stickers cool?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pcollin, Jan 4, 2006.

1. pcollin

pcollin

Dec 22, 2005
    Portland, Maine
    Had a long discussion about this at a local guitar shop the other day. Someone brought in a guitar for service and the case was completely covered in stickers. Everything from radio stations, string manufacturers, post office stickers like "priority", an STP sticker, Fender stickers, a New England Patriots sticker, you name it. Those of us standing around couldn't help but notice it and everyone had an opinion. My case has a few (along with some duct tape) and I was just wondering what others thought.

2. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    If you go to some foreign place to play, get a sticker. If you experience what the stickers stand for and they actually mean something to you, memories or the likes, then by all means get them. But just going down to a shop to buy lots of stickers so your case will look cool, is definately not cool.

3. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    They are super cool...if you're 14.

4. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    +1 I agree, my case is like 3/4 stickered, not necessarily place stickers, but stuff that I like. But I got a double gig bag, so the hardcase hangs out under my bed now.

5. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    no

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Case Stickers... ugh.

They're like that rusted piece of crap car, in your neighborhood, that's all covered in bumper stickers.

Same thing, just its your instrument case, & not your car.

7. Not so much "cool" as "inevitable". I hate when people tag my case.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I haev like 7 stickers or so on mine. Mainly my favorite brands or some bands i like or have seen.

9. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I had an old anvil flight case that I sold along with a Jazz bass. It was all stickered up but each sticker had some meaning, i.e. from a venue we played, from a band I saw or admired, etc.

In my older age, I still do the sticker thing, but no longer on my instrument cases. Rather, I sticker up my accessory cases. Still only with stickers that have some meaning to me.

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

There is no objective answer to this question. If you like stickers and don't mind the goo they leave behind when removed, then put 'em on your case, your bass, your car, whatever!

11. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Check out the cover to the 'Travelin Wilburys Vol 1'. Their cases = cool...but maybe that's because, for me at least, that band = the essence of cool.

12. +1.

13. They help you get laid. I mean, that's what everything is about in the end, isn't it?

- Dave

14. Is it?

15. RaTTeR

RaTTeR Don't forget your towel!

Dec 25, 2005
    Riverside, Ca
    No - Unless you're covering a tear (or cig burn...) on an otherwise OK case. Jeez - Depending on who's smoke was left burning on your case and why, the cig burn might have a better story than a sticker.

16. Yes. Unfortunately, we're really that simple. (no, not really)

I was being a bit tongue in cheek. Of course, that's not all there is. However, that is a big part of it. If women knew what men were really thinking, they'd never stop slapping us.

- Dave

17. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    +1, haha.

BTW... if your case stickers help you get laid, then I want to know where you get your stickers from. I know being an overt *ss somehow gets you laid... maybe this ties in?

18. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I put my stickers on my music stand.

19. I like spray painting a cool stencil on my case.

20. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Someone needs to sig taht ;)