1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Are circle K strings shipping still??????

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by garrettdamit, Apr 3, 2013.

1. garrettdamit

garrettdamit

Mar 30, 2013
    Ok so I ordered a set of strings on the 24th of may. Its April 3rd now and I still have no strings! I've got the receipt and my $45 is gone but I still have no shipping invoice and no strings. Can anyone please help me out. I've emailed them everyday since I ordered them and still have nothing....

2. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    May? You mean March?

A couple of recent posts in the Circle K thread have been about delays. I think there is also a blurb on their website about the shipping info email not going out or somesuch and they were working on it.

3. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

Jul 30, 2012
    Could be worse, I ordered some Dean Markley's from juststrings.com and they mailed me all but one of my strings, telling me the other one is back-ordered and I should "get it soon". It's been a month now.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    That's why I only use Bass Strings Online. Well that, and the inflated shipping at juststrings.

5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    +1 best place to buy.

6. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Send them an email with your order # and let them know you haven't received any shipping/tracking information.

They recently made an announcement that they thought they had the corrections made, but asked that any issues be emailed to them.

7. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Which string specifically?

There are a lot of Dean Markley SKU's that have been discontinued...

8. KodyAudette

KodyAudette

Apr 30, 2012
    Albuquerque
    The problem with ordering from Bassstringsonline is that they're not Circle Ks...

I just ordered a set yesterday, we'll see how long it takes to get them. They're usually pretty quick.

9. ixlramp

ixlramp

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
    Don't worry garrettdamit, if they have your gauges in stock they ship within 36 hours, any other delay is due to the postal system. Peoples experiences are a shipping time of a couple of days up to 3 weeks. Also until recently they did not send out shipping confirmations.

10. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

Jul 30, 2012
    DMS_0355T, which is a SR2000 .55

11. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Good news is that string has not been discontinued as far as I know.

Super Rounds and some of the Nickel Steel singles have been.

That string should be readily available.

In their defense, Dean Markley can take a while to ship, but not three weeks.

12. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    BassStringsOnline is the only place I buy strings period and I personally hope they never stock Circle K strings sounds like a mess of an operation.

13. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Their problems are with service, not product. So if BassStringsOnline stocked them, I reckon everyone would win.

I just ordered from CKS today so I'll see how it goes.

14. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    I have never purchased Circle K strings, but I do get their facebook feed. They recently revamped their email system so that they might be able to actually read/respond to most of their emails. They have also made some other changes, but it sounds like its one of those situations where things get a little worse before they get better.

All total, it sounds like they are trying. Just not adapting quite as quickly as they probably should. Maybe they weren't looking that far ahead or something. Whatever the case, I would expect things to get better and stay good.

15. svp

svp

Mar 12, 2007
    Atlanta
    I ordered on 3/25 got receipt order # on 3/27, as of 4/3 no strings, I have emailed with no response, shot them a private message on their facebook page last night, we'll see if if there's any response to that:mad:

16. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

Jul 30, 2012
    Well, I would have ordered from bassstringsonline but you guys don't offer SR 2000's as singles. So I ordered from juststrings and am getting burned. :bawl:

17. KodyAudette

KodyAudette

Apr 30, 2012
    Albuquerque
    I'm not worried about it, Circle K strings are phenomenal and worth waiting for. If I needed strings TODAY for a show I'd go buy a set of something from GC and throw them away when the Circle Ks showed up. I wouldn't even feel slighted. If they keep making strings they way they're making them, I'll keep buying them. Between the quality of the strings, the tone, and the availability of every gauge I could ever need, it's worth the wait.

18. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Yes I do, I have them all in stock...

I do not have everything listed on the website... All you need to do is ask and I help you out ;)

I PM'ed you with a solution to the problem...

I'll get these singles added to the site this weekend...

19. SirMjac28

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    The problem would be Bass Strings could never keep them in stock waiting for Circle K to deliver product it's a small three man operation that didn't plan for any kind of growth and I suspect will go the way of the dinosaurs in a few years if things continue like they are. I'll stick with my labella's and BassStringsOnline I order strings they deliver right away hassle free.

20. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    :bawl:

Oh goodness... The things that go on in the background...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the support!